Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hold The Front Page!

You may have to sit down for this but apparently a study has been done in which scientists worked out that.... wait for it.......

'A good night's sleep could reduce hyperactivity and bad behaviour among children.'

Finish scientists discovered this after examining 280 children. They could have saved a load of time and money and just spent the day in my Pre School room :o .

Edited by Guest

'A good night's sleep could reduce hyperactivity and bad behaviour among children.'

See? Whoever said research was a waste of time! :o

But the question is......Who financed the research?

a) Slumberdown mattress company?

b ) Radio 2 (send anyone to sleep-sorry R2 fans)

c) The pharmaceutical (spl??) company who make Calpol xD:o

answers on a postcard to.................finland :(

Peggy

Now I would be very happy if somebody could fund some research into how to get them to go to sleep!

My six year old stayed awake (in bed) til 11 tonight and I've just found the twelve year old reading in bed too!

Wouldn't that sort of research actually be of some use?

Now I would be very happy if somebody could fund some research into how to get them to go to sleep!

My six year old stayed awake (in bed) til 11 tonight and I've just found the twelve year old reading in bed too!

Wouldn't that sort of research actually be of some use?

I know exactly where you are coming from. As it was my first day back at work in 3 months, my 6 year old decided to stay awake until I came home at 11pm and tortured his daddy from 6pm until I got home!! In all fairness daddy is a soft touch and he knows it! :o

I know what the books and some experts say - quiet time and then story time, a cuddle and then sleep. We do all this and it still doesnt work!!!

Answers on a post card please!!

Edited by Guest

I used to tell my lads to lie quietly with their eyes open to see how long they could stay awake. Fell asleep every time! Wicked mommy. :o

I used to tell my lads to lie quietly with their eyes open to see how long they could stay awake. Fell asleep every time! Wicked mommy. :o

I'll be giving that one a go tonight - well with the six year old at least!

Funnily enough she doesn't want to get out of bed this morning......bless her!!!!

I too would like to know how they expect you to get a hyperactive child to sleep..

our son

NEVER slept more than 12 hours in 24..

NEVER slept though , not while he lived at home..

Always on the go and cannot sit still for long, even now.

Hated being indoors, TV and computers for him a bit of a bore, no adrenalin rush! More lets climb a tree and fall out of it, or as he grew up diving, motorbikes, skiing and now its kite surfing, skiing, mountain biking.

So trying to make a child like that sleep will stop it happening... I don't think so :o

He is still on the go, and happiest when out and doing something, always has been.

Would love to see how they expect it to happen..

Inge

I too would like to know how they expect you to get a hyperactive child to sleep..

our son

NEVER slept more than 12 hours in 24..

NEVER slept though , not while he lived at home..

Always on the go and cannot sit still for long, even now.

Inge

You mean it isnt just my James then??? :oxD

I would love to try the "how long you can keep your eyes open" trick, but my problem is he can't seems to shut them long enough to get to sleep!!

and before anybody says it, I have already tried the "lets see how long you can keep your eyes closed"" trick!! Guess what? It didnt work!!

no , not just you,

we developed from about 2 years old a way he could access book tapes to amuse himself during the night or from 4 am when he was ready to go again...I do know he still uses books on a CD or his MP3 even now at night or to relax.. that is when he does...

I got do used to 4 am rising it was normal for me..and no naps during the day, and 9 pm bed time was best if we wanted a sleep at all..

not surprising he is an only child.. we took it in shifts to sleep for years but then OH was away a lot so I was really a single parent for long spells of time..

we tried it all, and did find food colour and preservative intolerance, it really did help a bit , and because of his diet he finds things like caffeine have an extreme effect and make him high! He still cannot have some items and his mates always tell him when he is hyped etc.

His girlfriend/ partner is also now used to him up at odd hours and not sleeping, and story tapes during the p night.. very long suffering.. but as he is also away a lot of the time seems to cope with it all..

wish I could say they grow out of it, or need more sleep when older or any other comforting phrase but in my case it never happened.

Inge

book tapes wouldnt be a bad idea Inge, but I think they would have to be in a real dull voice, without any sound effect!!

Maybe its time to wipe Martins MP3 player of any music other than classical and record myself reading horrid henry in the most boring voice imaginable!!

his fave was a Thomas the tank one..

His grandparents took us all to Florida when he was 4.5 and he had tape recorder as hand luggage, at the security check they asked him to make it play...( N. Ireland being big then) and Thomas loudly proclaimed to all in the room ' Im going on a journey to a foreign land' all around just burst out laughing..

inge

• 1 month later...

Mine have always been great sleepers, luckily. Bed nice and early 7pm at primary school and 8 - 9 at secondary and had to wake them in the morning. Saturday and Sunday sleep till about 10. Fantastic! They still can sleep too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)