Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Something Not At All Beautiful Happened In My Garden Today!

sunnyday

Oh we have zillions of pigeons - hubby keeps telling me they are actually collared doves or somesuch - look like pigeons to me - they don't bother me at all apart from the 'poo' - wish they wouldn't aim for my washing!!!

Sunnyday

All our pigeons seem to be hugely fat and waddle around looking positively ridiculous. How on earth they manage to flap their wings hard enough to lift their hefty bodies off the ground is beyond me!

One of our cats managed to catch and wrestle one of those black things through the cat flap once, and it was still alive. It took me ages (and ingenious headgear and armour) to get it back outside again. I was so traumatised I think I had to have several large glasses of wine to steady my nerves. :o

Now that's funny!!! But well done for saving it - poor thing.

I love cats and have three myself but I don't like it when they are in killer mode - most of the time mine don't bother - they prefer to laze about in the warmest places they can find - very sensible if you ask me!

It is my plan to 'come back' as a cat (with a good 'owner' though)!

Sunnyday

It is my plan to 'come back' as a cat (with a good 'owner' though)!

I am not a cat person, really.

When I left my husband I went to lodge in a big house in the country. One day just as I was eating breakfast one of the cats brought in the back end of a rabbit through the cat flap. I kid you not. I tried to explain that I prefer toast for breakfast but said cat just looked at me with disdain.

Surely you don't own cats, sunnyday: I thought cats owned humans! :o

Maz

We have an abundance of rabbits here and unfortunately the cats have caught a few of the babies. We had one which my husband managed to save (although from its squeaking and struggling it didn't seem that grateful!), one that was half eaten and dumped outside my daughters bedroom. The third one was alive initially but didn't survive the subsequent chasing out of the cat flap and round the house dangling from the mouth of the cat, whilst I brandished a broom (complete with dressing gown and bare feet!). The dratted cat then dropped the poor dead thing on the driveway and walked away looking most offended. Luckily one of those horrendous black winged things did me a favour that time and swooped down and took it away. :o

always remember the time my cat brought in a full sized rabbit, through a fan light window.. the rabbit was bigger than she was and she had despatched it before brining it home, I was just pleased she left it on the kitchen floor, unlike my neighbours cat who hid a rabbit behind the sofa..took a smell to find that one!

A the time we lived surrounded by fields so we often had offerings left on the step, it was the inside ones which caused problems, I was once chasing a live mouse round the kitchen as she had dropped it at my feet... she was a good catcher ... but she did like rabbits.

Inge

• 1 year later...

Well, yesterday I spent the afternoon in the sunshine and totally weeded and made beautiful the long crossways border in my back garden (and have the sore back to day to prove it!) It looked lovely, the only green things visible are the daffodil spikes and the primula dentinculata preparing to burst forth. Was so proud of my accomplishment.

This morning I went out to peg washing out and the B****Y rabbits have got in and dug holes all along it, daffodil bulbs dug up, primulas ripped. What a mess - I don't feel like doing the next bed now! :o

Guest jenpercy

Just thought that I would let you know that I had a cat that was a bit slow - never caught anything until thewy day she came home proudly with a mouse - in a mouse trap!!!

Guest jenpercy

With my current cat I have trodden on dead mouse in bare feet in middle of night. I felt something like wires under my foot, thought it was an earring, put my hand down and felt fur. I have found countless mummified frogs which quickly dry out if they can't get out of the house - and once even a mummified mouse from behind the tv stand. I have come down stairs on crutches to have to chas mouse into downstairs loo and shut it in so my husband could catch it when he came home. I have lifted the lid off my sewing machine to find live mouse - have even come into the room to catch sight of mouse running up the curtains and over the top - caught it in a pudding basin with book underneath in the spider method.

thank goodness cat is now 10 and sleeps on my bed all day.

Yes my elderly cat does little other than sleep and eat now, although she will sometimes look out of the window and watch the birds and squirrels. I love your incident with the mouse in the mousetrap jenpercy, hilarious! :o