Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Deputy Managers Interview Tomorrow

Hello, I was hoping some people could ive me some tips on a successful interview tomorrow?!

I've applied for a deputy managers maternity leave position, as I felt this is the ideal opportunity to see if i would like to be in a managers position, as although I feel I could do the job, I wonder if i would miss the children too much.

But anyway going back to the interview, does anyone have any tips? Should I take with me the learning journeys that i've been working on implementing? Also examples of planning etc??? I've not been set any assignment or anything like that so I'm feeling a bit lost... :oxD

Hi there!

I'm afraid I can't help you out at all!! Am still on placement and yet to apply for a proper job working with children!!

Just wanted to wish you good luck. :o let us know how you get on!

Siobhain

Take everything you feel they might ask about, you'll look ultra efficient when you pull it out of your bag and its better than saying 'I didnt bring it'. Take all your certificates too even if you think they might not be relevent anymore they show your scope.

Take a deep breath and good luck.

Hi and good luck for tomorrow...I just wanted to say that I went for a deputy manager post last summer, I didn't get it unfortunately but the interview was a good experience. I was asked about supervision meetings, which I had never heard of! On the interview day I was also given a scenario (related to a staff member) and asked how I would deal with the situation.

I hope you get it, remember to be yourself.

:o

Thank you everyone - unfortunatley I was unable to go to the interview today as the BIG O arrived at the nursery where I work. I've reorganised the interview for thursday, but i feel terrible that I've mucked them around (including an area manager) and I can only see that it reflects badly on me :o

Will see how Thursday goes...

Oh no!

What are the chances of that happening!

At least they know that if they take you on you will put the needs of the setting first.

I hope you've got some serious pampering lined up tonight. You certainly deserve it.

Good luck with Ofsted and Thursday.

ps - what are supervision meetings?? :o

im sure they will understand!! good luck!! i hold supervision meetings every 8 weeks, its time for one to one meeting with staff to discuss any issues or concerns on either side, mine are ussually done when summative assessments are due and we go through development folders to set any targets and give feedback, they are very beneficial annd staff like them, they can also request a meeting at any time if any issues, as can i

thanks to everyone, Ofsted went well and I was very pleased as we got a mixture of goods and satifactorys, which is great as 6months ago we had a complete failure in all areas.

So I went into the interview, feeling very happy with my current nursery, and didnt really feel like being interviewed as I know I didnt want to leave. But I thought the experience would be good.

I arrived at 8.30am and had an hour interview, I was then informed that i was through to the second interview stage and then had another hours interview with someone else!!! I got back to my car at 10.30am - shattered!!

I didn't get the position in the end but its highlighted the areas I need training on so that next time I would be successful, so it was worth going.

I didn't get the position in the end but its highlighted the areas I need training on so that next time I would be successful, so it was worth going.

A good experience for you then...Sorry you didn't get it, but as you said the interview highlighted areas of development which can only be a good thing.

:o