Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Are Your Book Corner/book Box Must Haves?

HappyMaz

Well my 6000th post has come (and gone, due to an oversight on my part) and I've been on a training today and one of the things we were thinking about was books.

So here's my question, what are your all-time favourite children's books? The ones you would advise everyone else to buy or borrow because they are so utterly fantastic and you never tire of reading them?

You are only allowed three books and if someone else chooses your book then you have to choose a different one!

I'm still thinking about my favourites, but I wanted to do this before I get to 6,500 posts when it will have lost its significance! xD So I shall post mine later!

I'm also really interested in the books children choose for themselves from the range we have available and am wondering if their choices would be similar to ours. Perhaps when people have contributed their ideas I will do a quick poll and see what our favourite books are... can you tell I need a project? :o

Maz

This is a tough question I love reading to the children but three of my favourites and the children seem to love them are:

The Gruffalo, Lauras Star and Aliens Love Underpants

samfrostie :o

Definitely Shark in the Park, and Room on the Broom and then I had to flip a coin, Tails, so Little Red Hen and the Ear of Wheat. (or My cat likes to hide in boxes)

Like Desert Island disks - except you get 10 choices there! You could at least have given us 5!!! xD

ooh quick edit cos just re-read the rules! so I can't have shark in the park, so I get My Cat Likes to Hide :o

Like Desert Island disks - except you get 10 choices there! You could at least have given us 5!!! xD

I thought it was eight records to take to the desert island? And since its my party, I reserve the right to make the rules for all the party games... :o

Maz

I thought it was eight records to take to the desert island? And since its my party, I reserve the right to make the rules for all the party games... :o

Maz

Have they not gone metric then?

Like Desert Island disks - except you get 10 choices there!

Just reminded me of the Vicar of Dibley: Frank Pickle's Desert Island Desks - his eight favourite desks of all time! :o

Most of mine have already been suggested but ones I have which are now well worn are:

Princess Smartypants

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs

Green Eggs and Ham

I love reading the last two out loud asI can put on my 'storytelling voice' and 'ham' them up a bit!

Congratulations on your 6000th post!

Well, a lot of my first choices have gone so..........

Can't you sleep little Bear

The smartest giant in town

Where's Ted ( I think that's what it's called, it's the one with Ed and Ted and the big bear)

ancd I've got at least 3 others I could add.

What a great thread

Sal

The Tiger that Came For Tea

1 - The tiger who came to tea

Since you posted at the same time, I think you have have the same choice without needing to choose a 'substitute'! :o