Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Quit

No its not to do with Samantha its a lot of things.

I love the nursery but its so hard to keep up with everything and I dont feel I have enough time for the staff and the children. Its so very difficult being a Manager and there is nobody else who can ease or share the load, I feel so alone.

I cried so much yesterday and today feel so very saddened, my boss is coming down tomorrow to talk.

I quit my Manager job at christmas and eveyone told me there must have been a reason and within 2 weeks I had a much better one. I really hope similar happens with you good luch and best wishes

killowengirl

Guest Wolfie
No its not to do with Samantha its a lot of things.

I love the nursery but its so hard to keep up with everything and I dont feel I have enough time for the staff and the children. Its so very difficult being a Manager and there is nobody else who can ease or share the load, I feel so alone.

I cried so much yesterday and today feel so very saddened, my boss is coming down tomorrow to talk.

I was in exactly the same situation as you four years ago and made the same decision to leave - and also cried bucket loads of tears. Telling the staff was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But being a manager IS a very lonely job and it didn't suit my personality..I realised that with hindsight, always a useful thing!

We're all here for you and many of us know what you're going through...let us share your load.

xxx

Its so very difficult being a Manager and there is nobody else who can ease or share the load, I feel so alone.

I know just what you mean, jojom - and for what its worth I think it takes real bravery to walk away rather than struggle on and deny how you're feeling.

I really hope you begin to see the light soon and can see things in a more positive light. One of my mum's many sayings was that when one door closes another one opens and I hope this is true for you and that a door to a new future is waiting to open for you!

Take care,

Maz

I had to leave as a manager and I loved the job, but like you felt very lonely, pressured, stressed and got to the point where it took over my life and began to make me feel ill......you have to put yourself first.....I am a deputy now at a different setting,

which is ok but it has taken a long time to get over leaving and telling everyone, it is a difficult time now but you will feel better - let time do its thing, sending you virtual empathy by the bucket load. :oxD:(:(

Edited by Guest

Sorry to hear that Jojom, but as maz said, its better than struggling on. Maybe your boss will be able to come up with something that allows you to stay? Whatever happens good luck with it. :oxD

i think being a manager is a lonely position - and wth no support its worse . sometimes you realsie that much as you love the job its not worth what it is doing to you.

wait and see what is said today - it may make a difference to your decision-be honest as you talk - write down reasons why you quit - are there ways these can be resolved?

good luck and hopefully today will be a better day.

Hi, I admire you for what you have done, i'm a manager with no support, lots of staff/committee problems and its a very lonely place and can quite understand where your coming from... i must say though i don't know what i would do without the forum!!!!

I have felt like quitting for over a year now but i keep plodding on.....hoping it will improve!!!!!

Good Luck in all your new adventures....

for me it was the best decision I made in a long time....no regrets, and in my case no sadness for me , only for the staff and children I left behind being sad at my leaving...

So hope something comes up for you but in the mean time try not to have the regrets, and fears that handing in notice with no new position can give, and begin t think to the changes and new journey you have given yourself....

reading through these posts makes me very aware that so many experienced staff are leaving or moving particularly due to work load, or PVI sector issues...

Inge

I am so sorry that you are going through this, but from someone who has done it....something better will come along!! I am much happier now, have much more time for my family and my stress levels have come right down!!!!

jxxx

reading through these posts makes me very aware that so many experienced staff are leaving or moving particularly due to work load, or PVI sector issues...

Inge

Inge, my thoughts exactly. I have thought about quitting on more than one occasion over the last couple of months and I know this job is not long-term (I can't do it long term because I am exhausted at the end of each week). My husband says that there are not many jobs out there that have so much responsibility (i.e. the care of children) and such a large amount of paper work to keep on top of that would pay as little money as we get. Problem is I just can't see how it is ever going to change, moan over. mrsW.x

Sympathy from me too. I've come very close to resigning this week but haven't yet. I've looked up the situations vacant though. Glad you're all here to sound off to.

Al

I Hope it all works out for you. I know that the managers role is a very hard and lonely place to be. I feel that as a manager there should be a place within every area for managers to get together and talk about the issues that we all face. x x x x

I quit my job yesterday

hi hope things turn out well , i,m leaving my pre school in july not casue work load, moving from the area god it will hurt to leave my second family (children )and thier familes most of all you deb wish i could say that about rest staff who dont work as team . good luck for the future .

Edited by bubblybee3107

Jojom, hope it went ok today?

I think all those tears you shed yesterday were a much needed release of stress and I hope you feel better for it?!

Something new will turn up soon.

Nona

Jojom - im sorry to hear you rsituation - but you have to do what is best for you and trying to make something work which when you feel the way you do will only make it worse and make you ill. i hope your chat with your boss went okay today x