Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding 2009/2010

in gloucestershire just had a letter asking about our costs for feedback regarding this single funding formulae which it looks like some of you are already getting.

This is interesting Angela - just goes to show how almost every authority is at a different stage of planning, doesn't it? What sort of feedback are they asking for? Have they worked out what their single funding formula is yet or are they at the stage of gathering information?

Whatever stage their at - make sure you get your say won't you! :o

Maz

they want to know what setting we are. how many registered for. Average amount of children we have daily. Opening hours. how many staff. Qualifications. Staff costs and all other costs. Not a two minute job so yet again half my holiday spent doing paperwork (thats not on the form - unpaid hours)

angela

Not a two minute job so yet again half my holiday spent doing paperwork (thats not on the form - unpaid hours)

Quite so - and the feedback from a number of people is that it is important to include these unpaid hours and try to cost absolutely everything you do. Otherwise we are at risk of having to accept funding that continues to rely on the goodwill of staff, owners, committee etc to maintain the quality of our provision. Had I been in charge I would have added space in the consultation to ask questions about how much unpaid work is done routinely, but this seems not to have been factored into thre calculations.

Maz

they want to know what setting we are. how many registered for. Average amount of children we have daily. Opening hours. how many staff. Qualifications. Staff costs and all other costs. Not a two minute job so yet again half my holiday spent doing paperwork (thats not on the form - unpaid hours)

angela

Oh deep joy - more paperwork to look forward to!

Sunnyday

well as sunnyday has said £3.76, need more and no we wont get a pay rise either this year but i know we are not alone

so i know i will not be having an extra to make me super numeracy just one day to help with paper work so all in my own time once again this year

Angela we got or fors last year and with nowhere on the form where to factor in all the unpaid hours I wrote a lengthy additional sheet to go with it listing all the work and hours i do unpaid, plus what committee do. Things such as Treasurery stuuf, admissions stuff etc. You'll be surprised yourself when you see it actually broken down.

I was amazed when a few months after these forms had gone back to be at a meeting with our EY's for them to say that out of 90 odd settings in or borough not even 30 had returned them.

I was amazed when a few months after these forms had gone back to be at a meeting with our EY's for them to say that out of 90 odd settings in or borough not even 30 had returned them.

I know that quite a few people I spoke to were very reluctant to provide the information on the grounds that it is commercially sensitive. However most likely people were so snowed under at the time they just didn't get round to it! :o

Maz

I am concerned down here as we have just been told that we will be asked for copies of staff qualifications in the summer term - above level 3 only and our funding will be based on that and our flexibilty.

Currently 2 of us have level 3 and rest level 2's.

But I am fast tracking FD - doing year 2 and 3 together at mo, have another member of staff doing BA in education at Uni and 3 members of staff doing level 3 ( so for a small pre-school - we only employ 7 of us . 5 are studying).

But really concerned that our funding will drop (have been warned this may happen) and we will have to lose staff - just because we don't have have the qualifications at the moment - we are working as fast as we can, but these qualifications don't happen over night. i have everying crossed that some dispensation will be given for staff studying or I am going to have to lose committeed people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)