Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding 2009/2010

We have just received today an email advising of the funding amount from April and are very dissapointed by how much it has gone up. We were told the new amount was going to take into account admin time, training, etc but it has gone up by 20p per session just under 2.5%. The new amount is £3.38 per hour, £8.45 for a 2 1/2 hour session so with the annual increase to our rent, general cost of supplies going up looks like no payrises again this year.

Out of interest what do you currently receive and what is your changing to from April?

Many thanks

Penny

lucky you ours went up from £3.51 to £3.58 a whole seven pence per hour - there reasonong was we werent flexible enough - not offering lunch ,etc but we are very busy and in order to offer all children what they need we do two sessions per day - we cannot offer anything else as we have an after school club coming into the room as we finish - very unfair i think

lucky you ours went up from £3.51 to £3.58 a whole seven pence per hour

Snap! Ours went up 2.1% - 7p an hour but from £3.48 to £3.55 an hour. Is yours the best funded NEG in the land, Blondie? :o

Maz

Ours has gone from £3.36 to £3.43 an hour-7 pence like others. That's about 2% for us. But this is better than what they have suggested we get next year which is £2.23 a session!!!

Linda

Sorry-not a session!!! Had originally put in the session rate then changed it to hourly but forgot to change the rest of it! So it should be £2.23 an hour-which is still a lot less than we are getting now. Although they have done a bit of u turn on this and said it was only a suggestion! I'm not holding my breath.

Linda

Are you not all being paid below the minimum wage then? http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/ This doesn't sound right to me!!

the rate being quoted is the amount paid per hour for a child to attend.. not rates of pay for staff... LAs are thinking that as you can have 8 children per staff member that this is the way they can sort out how much to pay per child..

sounds like some are not taking into account things like low numbers, fluctuating numbers, rent, paperwork outside, resources etc to the degree they could.

not longer working but I know ours have a meeting end of march with all settings to discuss this and how it will be paid.. in our case because of the change to 15 hours so all changes ..

Inge

So used to seeing ours quoted as a rate per term that it wasn't until I broke it down just now that I realised our new rate is £7.33 per session which equates to £2.93 per hour. Maybe you lot shouldn't complain!!!

So used to seeing ours quoted as a rate per term that it wasn't until I broke it down just now that I realised our new rate is £7.33 per session which equates to £2.93 per hour. Maybe you lot shouldn't complain!!!

Absolutely not! You sure you got your sums right? That's appalling!

I've just done it too - divided by 2.5 that's 2.93! AWFUL!!

We found our funding would have gone down which is bad, however, I have just gained EYP hence our funding is going up, but i think this is wrong and level 3's and 4's etc should be valued as with EYP.

xxx

Our fonding have gone up by 6p a hour in April £3-38, From september 2009 we have got to provide 15hrs a week per child.

On our letter it said we would get the Single Funding formula in April 2010 but we are unsure what they mean.

Rosie.

Our fonding have gone up by 6p a hour in April £3-38, From september 2009 we have got to provide 15hrs a week per child.

On our letter it said we would get the Single Funding formula in April 2010 but we are unsure what they mean.

The Single Funding Formula would have been decided before your LA introduced the 15 hour entitlement - its their chosen method of calculating the new hourly rate including any enhancements for flexibility, quality of provision and if your setting supports families in areas of deprivation. I'm surprised that you're having to offer the 15 hours on the old rate though - I would have thought that if you're offering the 15 hour entitlement it would be according to the Single Funding Formula. Otherwise why bother with the new formula at all?

Or is that just me being logical? :o

Maz

In our area the single funding issue means that we are all going to be funded in the same way. I'm guessing this is what you are referring to. We have had place led funding in maintained settings like LEA nurseries (they got funding for how ever many places they were registered for whether or not those places were taken up - bums on seats), as opposed to pupil led funding. DCSF have dictated from on high that we all have to be on pupil led funding. It seems a fairer way to do things but its going to be painful for those who have to swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Resurrecting an old thread - forgive me. We now know our new rate will be £2.97 an hour.

emmav I am interested to know how your setting is getting more funding having an EYP on staff? Or anyone else who knows. I assume this is separate from the GLF money your setting claims to support the EYP.

• 2 weeks later...

just got ours in gloucestershire 2% rise £3.25 per hr to £3.32 per hr

yes there has been talk about single funding formula

something to do with setting being means tested on what they need. So settings in a deprived area are yet again going to get more funding.

watch this space as there are going to be some unhappy people.

angela

I assume this is separate from the GLF money your setting claims to support the EYP.

Yes, holly35 - in our Borough we will be entitled to an 'uplift' in the nursery education grant if an EYP is working directly with the children. There will also be an uplift if we can offer full flexibility and also if we are in an area where children fall into the category of 'most disadvantaged' or whatever the correct terminology is.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)