Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Registration Form

Hello Everyone,

At the moment we keep the children's registration forms in the filing cabinet, but l would rather keep them in their individual folders, (learning journals) but l am not sure about confidentiality : :o .

Toro

We keep our in filing cabinet - they hold so much personal information I'm not sure I want them in the childrren's personal folders - for us these folder/profiles are working documents that come in and out - the children look at the 'scrapbook' parts - parents take home if they wish etc.. how would you keep track of the forms if they were in them too?

Also what if you need to look up something urgently?

maybe I'm missing something - but it wouldn't work for us having them in their individual folders

xx

we dont put all the details in the learning journey because they frequently get taken home to complete, plus you need to keep a copy of the registration form after the children has left the setting (I need to check how long for, as the rules keep changing on that)

I keep all the enrolment/registration forms in one index folder and its kept on the serving hatch in the main playroom so that I can grab it in an emergency ie a fire drill or if a child had a serious accident then their details can be accessed immediately without searching filing cabinets or individual folders

We also keep them in a file together, keyworkers read their childrens forms to find out about likes, interests, favourite toys etc, otherwise they are used to double check medical conditions and for contacting parents/carers during sessions. Having them in each childs learning journal would mean going through 70 folders to find the right one.

Karrie

we keep ours all together in registration file - this is necessary as if there was a fire etc and you had to evacuate the building you could grab the reg file on leaving and be able to contact parents etc

Same here - big ringbinder which has birth certificate copies and Nursery Grant signature forms in too. Easy to grab with clipboard register and mobile phone

Hello Everyone,

At the moment we keep the children's registration forms in the filing cabinet, but l would rather keep them in their individual folders, (learning journals) but l am not sure about confidentiality : :o .

Toro

Look at it this way: Ofsted inspector arrives and asks to see all the registration forms. Do you want to give her x number of children's folders or one file?

. Do you keep IEPS separate or with the chidlren registration folder?

smiles

Our current IEPs are kept with the children profile folders as I feel they are once again a working document - unless they have confidencial information on them - for example our have a place for child's name and address - but I only every put first names on the working ones, and once it is 'up for renewal' I complete all the relevant confidential bits, parents sign etc and is then put in child's SEN folder and safely filed until needed.

We are quite a small setting with consistant staff so this works well for us, as although each child has a keyperson we try and work as a team, so oftern other staff work closely with that child too...so it's important they all know were to find the IEPs and use accordlingly.

xx

Ours are all together in a ring binder in a filing cabinet which is kept locked. This is the file that we take out with us if the building is evacuated. I wouldn't feel happy having them in the children's individual folders as these are kept in the rooms on shelves and are accessible to everyone in theory.

We have an emergency "grab box" containing ring binder of children's registration details, mobile phone, staff emergency details, daily register and first aid box. If we had to evacuate i certainly wouldn't want to be digging in a filing cabinet and looking for register etc. We like it all together.

We have a 'grab bag' too. It has things in such as foil blankets, mobile phone, first aid kit etc. But we don't keep children's details in it. They are kept in a folder accessible during session and locked away when we are not there.

Off subject a little I know, but if the fire bell goes, do you take out inhalers and medication forms?

Off subject a little I know, but if the fire bell goes, do you take out inhalers and medication forms?

Interesing point!.... our orignal medication forms ( signed etc) for long term are kept in folder -so not problem there.

We have medication cards with info on with the items - but as you've flagged up... should we be taking out inhaliers and epipens??!!!!

never thought of that - but if the child has a life threatening condition I suppose we should!

.........this job doesn't get easier does it

xxx

Interesing point!.... our orignal medication forms ( signed etc) for long term are kept in folder -so not problem there.

We have medication cards with info on with the items - but as you've flagged up... should we be taking out inhaliers and epipens??!!!!

never thought of that - but if the child has a life threatening condition I suppose we should!

.........this job doesn't get easier does it

xxx

Crikey - how dense am I - we do not have this covered - I have an 'epipen user' - thank you for the 'wake up call'

sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)