Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf Birthday!

mundia

Happy birthday to the FSF. 6 years and still going eh?

A good opportunity to thank all of you who make this place what it is today. And a special thanks to Steve and Helen for having that vision all those years ago!

Dare I say here's to the next 6?

Oh absolutely! Well done to you, and to everyone who started the chat back then! I wish I'd joined earlier but I knew it would keep me from my OU studies, so didn't allow myself to officially join till I'd completed my FDEY!

I've said it before but never has an investment of £20 been so profitable. xD

Thanks mainly to Helen and Steve for the original vision but also to all the official saints and moderators for keeping everything running so smoothly!

Thanks also to the members who make it such a warm and welcoming community: for cheering me up when I'm sad, challenging my thinking and making me feel like I'm an OK person!

You're all fabulous, darlings! :o

Mx

Yes, happy birthday to us all, and thanks mundia for pointing it out! xD

As already mentioned, it's the members that make the place what it is, but I'd like to take the opportunity (and I don't do it often enough) to thank the moderators for, well, everything really. I don't know where I'd be without Susan, mundia, Linda, Beau, Sue R, Peggy and Jacquie. In an asylum somewhere is my best guess. :o

Happy Birthday FSF from me, I can't go for more than a day without looking and wondering what is happening to my forum friends. I have said it before and will say it again, this site has helped me so much over the last 4 years - in many ways!! xD:( :(

Thankyou Helen and Steve. :o

Happy Birthday FSF! I'm proud to have been here for most of those 6 years and seen the site grow and grow. Thanks to Steve and Helen for starting it all and to all the mods who do such a good job (I know how hard it is being a mod having done it for years on other sites).

Here's to the next 6 and maybe during that I'll end up back in the EYFS at some point!

Happy birthday all, and thanks for everyone's support and friendship. A very special thank you to Steve and Helen and team who have given the EY's workforce somewhere to come and share celebrations and woes together, and receive help and encouragement. :o

It's group hug time! :o I couldn't think of a nicer bunch of people to share my time with. I have made some really special friends on the forum and I know there is always someone here to listen and lend support whenever needed. xD Long may it continue!

I just thought how romantic to launch the FSF on Valentines day. :oxD . or is it ? I'm sure the 'job' has bought Steve and Helen closer together :(:(

Definately LOVE is all around, everyones LOVE of all things early years, everyones PASSION and drive to share and do the best we can and more, Everyones love and compassion for each other during the trials and tribulations of the profession and everyones LOVE of a good laugh and especially GOOD COMPANY.

If I'd remembered Steve and Helen, I'd have sent you both 6 RED ROSES to celebrate your 6th anniversary. (your not alone though I forgot Hubby's card as well).

Here's to many more years of continued success. :(

Peggy

Thanks for that Peggy - if you had sent us roses I'd have given them to Helen and pretended they were from me! :o

Actually, this has given me a good idea. We have a couple of ads appearing in EYE and Practical Pre-school over the next few weeks. I was running a bit short on inspiration for what to put in them, so I think I'll wish us all a happy birthday - and maybe include some quotes from this topic. xD

Actually, this has given me a good idea.

What goes around comes around, how great, we've inspired our creator, who originally inspired us to share xD:(

As for the forgotton Roses, It's the thought that counts, doesn't it?? :o Hubby bought me 1 dozen Beautiful Red Roses, so here's a pic, imagine the pic is on the front of an FSF Birthday Card. :(

Peggy

post-3604-1234720056_thumb.png

Steve!!!

xD:(:(

And thanks for all the unofficial technical help you've given me, too - saved my life today when I finally remembered your instructions for 'working offline' in email, so you can delete all those HUGE files you stupidly try to send !!!!! :(

Sue :o

And thanks for all the unofficial technical help you've given me, too - saved my life today when I finally remembered your instructions for 'working offline' in email, so you can delete all those HUGE files you stupidly try to send !!!!! xD

You calling Steve stupid? :o

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, this has given me a good idea. We have a couple of ads appearing in EYE and Practical Pre-school over the next few weeks. I was running a bit short on inspiration for what to put in them, so I think I'll wish us all a happy birthday - and maybe include some quotes from this topic. xD

I just saw an ad in April's EYE. Fab!

Maz

PS Steve: I particularly liked the first quote you used - it seemed to sum up everything I think/feel about the Forum. It wasn't til I read the last sentence that I twigged... :o

Edited by HappyMaz

I missed this thread - doh!!!

Happy, happy birthday FSF!!! I am so glad I found this forum and all you wonderful people - thank you so much for all the advice and help during my first year as a preschool manage!! What would I do without you!

I just saw the ad too, it's great!! :o