Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school Resource Inventory

Hello all!

Just registered to SFS so please excuse my first attempt to communicate with you all xD

I am already hooked and have spent hours reading through topics etc that are so relevant to my charity based

village pre-school. I desperately need to update our resource inventories (which have not been touched for over three years) Just wondered how other settings attack this seemingly endless task!?!?! :(:o

Welcome and congratulations on your first post!

I do a book inventory, writing the name, author hard back or paper back and the price quoted on the cover in an excel worksheet, so it will add all the figures up.

I keep the receipts for all the equipment we have and I really suppose I should put these on a list too - a ROUNDTUIT!

Hello all!

Just registered to SFS so please excuse my first attempt to communicate with you all xD

I am already hooked and have spent hours reading through topics etc that are so relevant to my charity based

village pre-school. I desperately need to update our resource inventories (which have not been touched for over three years) Just wondered how other settings attack this seemingly endless task!?!?! :(:o

Hi dottyp - oh yes resource inventory - that would be another thing to add to my 'to do' list. Sigh

Sunnyday

We started ours a few months ago, we have taken photographs of the items, not all individually, jigsaw puzzles are grouped etc. We keep a copy at the setting for children to access and two off premises incase of fire/theft for insurance claim.

The children help with the book inventory in the last few weeks of the year - we sort alphabetically so it's great for letter recognition. I shout books names out (from my seat at the computer) and children locate them and put them in the box, shouting 'YES' All great fun

Great ! Thanks for all your suggestions. I like the photo inventory idea - would cut down on lots of writing and get

everyone involved.

Look forward to posting and giving ideas in future once I get the hang of FSF :o

Dottyp

Look forward to posting and giving ideas in future once I get the hang of FSF xD

Welcome to the forum, dottyp!

Glad you're finding us useful already - as you can see sometimes you help others by asking a question just as well as answering one! Hands up how many of us now have 'inventory' on our to do lists?

Where's the 'hands up' smiley? :o

Maz

I did ours in Excel spreadsheets which added it up , and used categories such as furniture, construction, garden, think I had about 10 different pages.. cannot remember now. It had the date we bought it and cost of the item , receipts went with the accounts.. as we bought or disposed of an item someone wrote on the copy at work and I updated it from that.... had 3 copies one at work, I had one and committee had one....

Needed it written in full fro insurance purposes..actually when I started it we were way under-insured, a good way of realising the actual cost of everything.!!

Inge

Edited by Inge

Guest MaryEMac

I added it to the committee's to do list. I haven't got the time (or the inclination) but I imagine that us staff will get fed up waiting for them to do it and will do it ourselves. :o

Welcome to the forum dottyp. you'll love it.

Mary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)