Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keyperons

Hi

Just been looking at recent OFSTED reports and one setting was marked down for not having keyperson info on the register? Not heard of this before? How do you keep the info. We currently heve a sheet on the info board>Anyone ese do it diffrently?

I have the persons initials in the register next to the child's name and then keep a sheet with this information in my filling cabinet (somewhere) and this info is up in the rooms as well

Just been looking at recent OFSTED reports and one setting was marked down for not having keyperson info on the register?

Blimey - now that is nit-picking!

As it happens there is a box next to each child's name in our register to show who their key person is but that's only because I do a master table and then use it for several different purposes.

Whatever next? Will I be marked down because my padlock on my gate is put on upside down? Or my sign telling staff which sink to use for washing up paint pots is wonky? :o

I'm not paid enough to deal with all this. xD

Maz

I don't have the info on the register, other than a register for the adults who are in on that day, same as children. There's a big notice on the wall 'Do you know who your Keyperson is?' with all the names on

Our key groups are colours, we all wear our colour polo shirts (I am green). On our register children's names are printed in their key group colours. And at the bottom of the register is a key to the group colours.

Lord! another thing for me to say to my boss 'by the way I've heard we should......', I swear sometimes I can see shaking her head and sighing deeply before I've even got within a few feet of her.

Karrie

Easy solution Karrie, get your boss to subscribe to FSF then she can get the info herself first hand. :oxD

Peggy

We are considering the coloured tops - but mine would be a right eyesore! I deputise as Key Person when the part time members of staff are on their days off - Hmm, I wonder if a rugby shirt .........

Oh Esme you're such a spoilsport! Go on - have a rant if you want to!

Maz

:o All I ever seem to be doing these days is ranting HappyMaz. I'm afraid that you're all going to start hitting that 'ignore' button soon when you see it's me posting!!!

xD All I ever seem to be doing these days is ranting HappyMaz. I'm afraid that you're all going to start hitting that 'ignore' button soon when you see it's me posting!!!

THERE'S AN 'IGNORE' BUTTON???? :o

We have a photographic display with which children are in who's group up on the wall in the cloak room. We also have a written list on the wall in the main play room. As we are a day nursery and work shifts and have part time staff etc. Some days we have children in our group who aren't actually in our key group (make sense?) so to show which staff are responsible for which children on a daily basis, we have a board at our room entrance with the staff photo's on and the children's name's underneath. The children love this and on coming into nursery will often say "Oh (their key person's name) isn't here today, Mummy, am I with (staff's name) instead?" They like to know who they are going to do their group session with!

In addition, we do highlight the children's names in the register in group colours and put a key for this at the top of the register but this gets so confusing if a member of staff phones in sick or when the children do different sessions.

Edited by Guest

Yes, we also have key person names on the register next to the relevant child, all in key group colours, register looks like a rainbow :o

We also have a 'buddy' system as some children are in when keyperson is not, then children, parents and staff then know who they are looking after on certain days.

There is also a sign up on notice board with key person groups, and a sign 'who is not here today' 'your childrens keyperson today is' in case someone is sick or on a course.

Oh, we also have time in/time out on register, not just ticked or yes xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)