Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

sunnyday

Settled a bit here in east Kent, children, hubby and dog enjoying the chill, me, I'm warm indoors with the camera. xD

hmmm, I've got 9am, 11:45, 14:15, 15:45 and 19:30hrs appointments tomorrow, all a car distance away :o

Peggy

post-3604-1233507557_thumb.png

post-3604-1233507599_thumb.png

post-3604-1233507675_thumb.png

post-3604-1233507768_thumb.png

Settled a bit here in east Kent, children, hubby and dog enjoying the chill, me, I'm warm indoors with the camera. xD

hmmm, I've got 9am, 11:45, 14:15, 15:45 and 19:30hrs appointments tomorrow, all a car distance away :o

Peggy

Hehe - fantastic pictures!

It's snowing here (near Brighton) and more is forecast for tomorrow - BBC weather says heavy snow!! Yay!!! I was off work sick with pneumonia and pleurisy when it snowed on the first day of term, which made me really sad :( - so really excited about getting another chance to do snow with my class!! xD Especially as we're going to the woods tomorrow afternoon - it wil be a huge adventure - must take We're Going On A Bear Hunt - hooo wooo, hooo wooo! :o

The only thing is that we're supposed to be focussing on the different living things we can find in the woods - I don't think that's going to be easy to concentrate on!!

What are everyone's favourite things to do in the snow with the children?

I'm going to try painting some snow, maybe with spray bottles of watery paint.

Also snow angels!

Guest MaryEMac

We've had a few flurries in Fenland but nothing has settled. It's really bitterly cold.

I'll await the morning to see if I have to take my wellies to pg

Mary

About 3 inches now - North Downs - Kent - still snowing hard too!

Can see an A road from my window cars moving v.v. slowly.

Have to go and get all my phone numbers to hand just in case we can't get in tomorrow - that said, I will with true 'Dunkirk' spirit do my best!

Love all the replies.

Sunnyday

We've had a little sprinkling which has settled and is now in the process of freezing solid!! :o

No preschool if the school is shut!! xD

Shiny count yourself lucky if your preschool shuts when schools are shut. I apperently at my preschool we stay open whatever the weather, would love to see how our little children will walk in upto 15-40cm of snow on tuesday.

Beth

my children are so happy there is enough snow to have snowball fights and make a snowman :o its amazing when the snow comes down my 15 year old son goes from teenage mode to small excited child again i love the snow!!!!!! can't wait for the children to be able to enjoy the snow at work we have a huge garden that will not be touced untill we get to it so we can have so much fun and loads of learning possibilities!!!!!!

A sparse covering on our garden in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. 0oC on outside thermometer! Couldn't be better for my 3rd year TP student whoes focus this week is cold. Also our outside week so got the snow boots ready and ski gear to keep warm. Having spent New Year in the French Alps where the temperature was below feezing all the time this should be a doddle. Only thing is of course we can't ski in our yard, but maybe we can sledge down the 3 foot slope? That of course all depends if I can get to school if we do have a 'dump' overnight.

Shiny count yourself lucky if your preschool shuts when schools are shut. I apperently at my preschool we stay open whatever the weather, would love to see how our little children will walk in upto 15-40cm of snow on tuesday.

Beth

We stay open as well - no matter what the weather, no real reason to close, all staff live in town and can all walk!!

Not had much snow today, it keeps trying though, however it is cold, and I can tell you that at 9am this morning running across fields for an hour and half in only a pair of lyrca shorts and long sleeved top that it was bl*@dy cold, it took me until 12.30 to warm up. :o

Hopefully we will have the snow in the night so that we can wake up to it xD

my children are so happy there is enough snow to have snowball fights and make a snowman :o its amazing when the snow comes down my 15 year old son goes from teenage mode to small excited child again i love the snow!!!!!! can't wait for the children to be able to enjoy the snow at work we have a huge garden that will not be touced untill we get to it so we can have so much fun and loads of learning possibilities!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind so much but deb only lives about a 5 - 10 minute car journey from me and ours is melting fast!! xD

Beth

We shut for the simple reason that most of our children have older brothers and sisters in the school and they wouldn't bother coming, also we have our own children at the school and would take us over our ratio if they had to attend the session!! :o

We have a few children who have older siblings in the schools which may or may not shut, hasn't happened yet. We are a very small preschool I would imanage only a few children turn up out of upto 9 children in per session. I will see how it goes tomorrow has it is forcasted to be heavy snow showers from 4pm onwards and overnight.

Beth

We shut for the simple reason that most of our children have older brothers and sisters in the school and they wouldn't bother coming, also we have our own children at the school and would take us over our ratio if they had to attend the session!! xD

That's exactly why we shut in adverse weather! It's stopped snowing here, but I'm hoping more's on the way! :o Karrie