Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Poisons

I have just been reading about this topic that was posted in 2007.

I work at different venues, on 3 occasions I have found medication in bags kept at child level, available for children to investigate.

On one occasion it was a cocktail of calpol, cough linctus and ibuprofen in the same bag.

I now take it upon myself to check bags or ask parents each time I work at a setting where children have access to bags.

I include this information when I train first aid.

Happens quite often I think. Not in staff bags I think we're all aware of the dangers but parents dont seem to think about it. I've been amazed at the things I've found, bottles and food that should be in the fridge, confidential papers, lipsticks, pills and potions, a purse with cards and a mobile phone.

In my sons school, mobile phones which ring in class are confiscated with a £5.00 fee to get it back

I had one 3 year old lad arrive with a pack of condoms in his rucksack ......

If you'd seen his Mum's face at hometime, still makes me laugh thinking about it!

Nona

I had to return a parents copy of Penthouse once.

I think if we were playing "things found in a pre-schooler's bag" Top Trumps you'd have us beat with this one! :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)