Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yay! It's half-term!

sunnyday

I am done! 17 1/2 hours of school work in 2 days, a crick in my neck and slightly blurry eyes at the moment but it was worth - 5 whole days of just doing fun stuff! Well mostly - I do have to renew the house insurance and make a dentist appointment. That aside though I'm starting with lunch with a friend, probably more baking (I can't not do it), some knitting and some therapeutic sorting at home!

PS I'm beginning right now with a mug of hot chocolate in front of the fire!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 4

Well I too have been beavering away on pre-school stuff today, I used my Sainsbury Vouchers poster - (not for the first time - we've used them for staff miilestone birthdays in the past) turned it over and made a banner for the pre-school - used wooden template letters and sharpie pen. Cost only my time, which was also spent watching an Australian bit of nonsense :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

Great idea there panders :1b

I never did get back to my book as I had a surprise visit from youngest granddaughter and her mummy! :1b

Now Mr S is home and seems to think he needs feeding so best I get on with whipping up some dinner for him - note to louby loo although I have mentioned 'whipping' this is not code :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

• Like 5

Well my theory was that I would work until the end of today and what I didn't achieve would just go back on the TDL. Worked all day at school today and have been working on and off at home for the last two days and there is still more stuff to do! I consider myself to be an organised person but just don't understand why there is always so much to do, change, adjust, upkeep and tidy!!

Going to have a day off tomorrow and lay in bed reading until 9am!

Just to be clear sunnyday there will be no roly poly or whipping involved as my husband is working away all week!!

• Like 4

Why s it I've been on/off ill since just before Christmas - virus, the three week cough etc... I thought I was finally getting better and actually felt 'human' again at the end of last week.

All good at beginning of week lunch out, met a few friends, then ....

I have now got a 'head cold' nothing major not actually ill as such - just the constant sniffs and the cotton-wool head. :huh: :huh:

low immunity after the virus

Good point - but it's just so annoying. You'd think the body would remember that actually you've dealt with more than your fair share of snotty noses and 'other' joys for 38 weeks of the year, so the immune system should be more than happy with that! :lol:

• Like 1

Wishing you feel better in the next few days Louby Loo- the older I get the more creaks and pains I pick up which last longer than anyone would wish - and you wonder why - especially if you don't remember doing anything to cause them. ::1a ::1a

Thank-you :1b

I'm not actually ill as such it's just all the constant sniffing is getting on my nerves :lol:

I have a nice relaxed week, I have eaten and drunk wine, I have been doing some sewing (mermaids and tutu's) which I love.

Other than a few bits- updating registers, printing off various bits and bobs etc I have not given work a single thought this week (which is very odd for me :unsure: ) I have a birthday treat of going away to a spa for weekend with my daughter as a birthday treat tomorrow. (hence the annoyed about cold)

My one serious issue is - Last Friday morning I decided to 'KM' my wardrobe - I emptied almost every thing into dustbin bags and put then in our conservatory to sort this week............. I haven't actually got round to it yet! Luckily my husband is not the kind that puts out bin bags when he see's then laying around :lol: .. Although he did ask why there are so many bin bags out there. :lol:

I should add I am quite enjoying going out to conservatory to rummage around a few bags to find something to wear each day though ::1a ::1a ::1a

• Like 1

Sounds like you've had a lovely week and a nice treat planned for the weekend. Hope the cold clears enough for you to enjoy it.

My decluttering spirit has continued... there are now coconut biscuits in the oven. In case any of you think all I do is bake and eat I have also spent this morning renewing my house insurance, setting up a new printer, making a batch of tuna sauce to have with pasta and clearing out some of those random things I save to my favourites menu and later wonder why I wanted to keep it!

Better go the oven timer is going!

• Like 1

Sounds like you've had a lovely week and a nice treat planned for the weekend. Hope the cold clears enough for you to enjoy it.

My decluttering spirit has continued... there are now coconut biscuits in the oven. In case any of you think all I do is bake and eat I have also spent this morning renewing my house insurance, setting up a new printer, making a batch of tuna sauce to have with pasta and clearing out some of those random things I save to my favourites menu and later wonder why I wanted to keep it!

Better go the oven timer is going!

Mmmmmm Coconut biscuits sound good, which recipe do you use?

It's one from an ancient Sainsbury's recipe book (Afternoon teas) by John Tovey: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Afternoon-Teas-Sainsbury-Cookbook-John-Tovey/0859418073

Really easy - butter, sugar, flour and dessicated coconut! Mix, 10 minutes in the oven and done.

What quantities? and is it plain flour?

I've only started baking since I finished work so I'm still very much a follow a recipe person!

It's one from an ancient Sainsbury's recipe book (Afternoon teas) by John Tovey: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Afternoon-Teas-Sainsbury-Cookbook-John-Tovey/0859418073

Really easy - butter, sugar, flour and dessicated coconut! Mix, 10 minutes in the oven and done.

We have that book too :1b

We also had one of the very old books of Mary Berry's that they had on the One Show last night.... what was even funnier that it was my husband actually recognised it and said we've got that! - and he doesn't even know how to turn on an oven let alone cook.

• Like 2