Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

when do we do training?

blondie

:huh: we had a lead practitioners meeting and have been told that as from april we will not be able to close for any staff training days.

this means that if we would like to do any training as a group we will have to do it during school holidays or if we still want the five days we will have to open for different week so that we are open for 38 weeks - has anyone else had this?

not sure they would do this to schools - its crazy when they want you to do training but are moving the goal posts for you to do so

Lots of odd stuff happening around training! I am a small group, we don't as a rule do training all together, unless it's training being shared, - so one member goes on the training then dissembles it to the rest of us. Frankly we have done this over a glass or two at a staff member's home one evening.

It would appear from a meeting I attended last night that appraisals will no longer "fuel" the need for an individuals training, i.e., we would be identifying a person and sending them off on training for themselves. We are being asked to send the right person on training who is really good at cascading the training back to the group.

We have never closed for training, we are lucky enough to have staff that can cover. I have done training on a Saturday, in half term or at night if we have been short staffed. Training is then cascaded to all staff.

never closed for training, majority is done at weekend or evening.

County only allow 2 people per setting anyway - but to be quite honest unless you manage to catch the training course booklet before it even leaves county i'm not quite sure how to get on the courses every time I try to book they are always full

• Like 2

Same here. We all do training in our own time. Our LA runs courses which can booked up quickly but I try to keep a log of who wants to do what and who I think needs to do what.

I dd run group training at beginning of year this year was first aid,last year was food handling but at my expense paying trainer & staff!

Good side is staff do appreciate & it is good team building.

Would very much like to building inset days but funding just would not allow. It.

maybe we have been extremely lucky then - we have been able to have five inset days up until now as part of our funding agreement. looks like we were very lucky - i have booked two day first aid for december for all staff so that will be the last training days.

We never had paid inset days, always only paid for days when we had children attending.. we had same term days as schools and closed the inset days as they did...

theirs was calculated differently when we looked at it. as it took into account the closure days.. they were still open with children for 38 weeks a year..plus the 5 closure days included in the term dates..