Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Feel Like An Idiot!

Well, I really do, I am sat at home after going to my son's school assembly, thinking I have an interview at 2 pm at a setting I would love to work....I check my phone (on silent all morning because of assembly) and there is a message from the owner of the setting saying where am I?

Is it just me or what... I had a letter inviting me to the interview saying "I would like to invite you for an interview on Thursday 1st March, 2007."

Instantly I thought - What time?

and on the next page the interview details were stated, "Interview consists of

2.00 pm 10 imnute presentation

2.30 pm 30 minute activity with 8 preschool children

3.00pm interview questions.

So am I really that out of touch (not had interviews for 15 years, that I didn't realise they wanted me there at 9 am? I feel sick I have been crying and worrying and have contacted the nursery who I am sat waiting for them to call back, as far as I read it it meant 2.00pm start time????

Is it taken as read that you arrive at 9 am? It ididn't say anywhere to arrive at 9 and the actual nursery opens at 8 am anyway, please advise me as I feel pretty stupid sat here thinking other candidates are already half a day up on me?

My only hope is theyy ring and say they made a mistake??

It doesn't sound like the mistake was yours :o Maybe they've missed out a page that says "come in for the morning session", or something similar.

Hope you hear something positive soon. :)

They have just rang, THEY'RE MISTAKE, thank goodness, I am not late and haven't missed it!

Think they ought to feel sorry for having put me through that and give me the job now! :o

Thankyou so much for your good wishes.....

.it was really good, I don't know how much of a chance I stand, but I did my best and feel quite proud of myself, it was so draining and quite gruelling, but the people were lovely and the nursery was fabulous, Forest school and everything!

It would be a dream to get this job, but whatever the outcome it was a lovely experience and I have to wait until possibly two weeks to hear, thanks again for your wishes, you were all there immediately to help me as usual, :):):):):)

Edited by Guest

Just caught up on this, great to hear you had such a positive exoerience at interview, :D don't know how you can stand to wait 2 weeks for result. We shall all be waiting with you, and I will keep fingers crossed as much as possible over the next two weeks. :o

Peggy

Hi Shirel, my computer has been playing up so I've just caught up with your post. Well done for the interview and I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

About this job........ I went for a morning of Forest School today, showing willing and bridging the gap of having to wait two weeks to discover if I had been successful at the interview, well at the end of the session, they offered me the job!!!!!!!! :):D:)

I am sooooo chuffed, and a little apprehensive as it is more hours that I have been working, well not really if I am to do no 'at home' stuff, which I shouldn't have to as it is a Nursery Nurse post,

I get trained in Forest School that is the best thing about it,

today was brilliant, the children were 'allowed'/encouraged to use the hand drill, whittle, splash and enjoy outside I have missed that where I am at the moment, first black cloud and the staff don't want to go out, I am so thrilled and want to thank you all for your faith in me, and I know you will all be pleased for me, thankyou again.

Well done Shirel ! I wish you all the best in your new job - when do you start? I bet you've got lots of all-weather gear being a horsey girl!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)