Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Forum Upgrade Issues/comments!

Steve

Hi all -

As I've just posted in the forum news section this topic can be used to discuss any aspects of the new forum software.

There are many new features which I won't go into at the moment as my eyes have gone all whirly with the last seven hours of upgrading. I'm aware that some bits are looking a bit odd - and it may be a day or two before you're able to re-subscribe if you're coming to the end of your subscription (anybody with withdrawal symptoms is welcome to email me and I'll happily extend your subscription till this is functional again).

One strange thing is the little boxes around the topics on the front screen. You'll only see this if you use internet explorer. Sadly I use Firefox so I wasn't aware of it until I was looking over Helen's shoulder to see if anyone else could access it or if I was the only FSFer in the world...

I'm a bit frazzled now so I won't be doing any serious technical work on the Forum this evening unless anyone emails me with an urgent problem. As always: steve@foundation-stage.info

:)

I like it Steve. :D When you say 'the front screen' do you mean the home page? I cant see boxes there but I can everywhere else. I'm on IE too. Not that I care about the boxes, there or not doesnt bother me. I would request that we have a 'banging your head against a wall' smiley though. I often have the need :oxD

Enjoy your wine :D

Why does the pink box which tells you which part of the forum you are in, at the top of the page, keep disappearing?

Or have I got another network problem???

oops, meant to say, well done! Another good days work done.

I've got 'boxes' but I don't know if I am 'firefox' or even Internet explorer ( IE), all I know is that I'm on 'Hubby's computer', what or how ithe functions are, is beyond me. ( the computer that is, not hubby, I know how he functions xD:o ).

So, I bow at your feet Steve, you are a computer genious. :)

Peggy.

p.s. I know I don't use it often but where has the 'chat' forum gone?

The live chat box is at the top of the page now Peggy-next to the gallery button.

It looks very good Steve-no problems as far as I can see other than the same as Susan and Rea with the little pink box disappearing. Well done!

Linda

Nope, it's me. :o

The homepage isn't recognizing members at the moment and not re-directing the last twenty posts properly. I'm working on it now so you might see some strange things happening temporarily. xD

It looks great to me Steve. Did you notice that the record was broken again last night for the greatest number of members on-line on the forum at one time? There were 79 people at ten to eight. Amazing! Congratulations and well done for all your hard work.

Jackie

:):o:)xD

Goodness, I didn't notice that Jackie, thanks for pointing it out! The last record was back in February - typical that so many people picked the forum upgrade day to log in! They must have been wondering what was going on...

Pink boxes - I'll get to work on them ASAP. I'm trying to sort out a problem which is stopping new members registering today. You see why I keep putting these software upgrades off! :o

I've got boxes around things. I don't know what I use but my computer is an Apple Mac if that helps. Thing is Apples think for themselves and just do things, so who knows how they work.

(I love my Mac and wouldn't go back to a PC for anything.)

Well dpone Steve BTW :D

I cant get into chat!

Invalid username or password but no where to put a password????

Also why have you got rid of the chatroom info box re who is there?

I get the same thing as Susan when I try to get into chat. Not had a PM sent to me nor tried to send one, so can't say if I've got the same problem as mundia.

Well, the PM box might be one of those things you find tough to read mundia - I'll see what I can do about that, but you might need to just close the box and then access the full PM from the 'x new messages' link. It's the way the new 'My Assistant' works...

I'll check through the chat problem. I think I've put back the who's chatting list (can everyone see it?) but I can't seem to get in properly myself at the moment - how embarassing is that? :o

There should be an 'x' on the top right side? If it's not all visible on the screen you can drag the whole box around so it's central. Alternatively, if you can see the title of the PM (which should be just under the tabs), you can click on it and it will close the box and take you to the message in your inbox.

Hope that makes sense!