Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maybe this time

Gezabel

Just over a year ago i shared the devastating news that my daughter-in laws second round of IVF had ended in a miscarriage,

Today is my sons birthday and we popped round. He presened me with a beautiful 12 scan picture done last week. They have been discharged from the IVF hospital and are now under the usual ante-natal care process. They have been told from now on it will be treated like a 'normal pregnancy'

We are thrilled and are cautiously optimistic that it really will be third time lucky. I have no idea where they get their strength from - the preparation before the embryo can be implanted is gruelling to say the least.

I wonder if any of you are religious would you please remember them in your prayers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Best wishes to them both 💞.  It was third time lucky for my staff member, and I remember that scary feeling when she was told  told  "that's it- it's just a normal pregancy now"(even for me- as she is my daughter's  friend and they were both pregnant together).

Everything crossed for them x

• Like 1

Thank you all. I think it will be the longest pregnancy in history! So far so good. She has terrible morning sickness and whilst she dearly wishes it would go away she is kind of glad as it is a reminder that she is actually pregnane.! They really can't quite believe it yet - there has been so much heartache along thw way but we are just remaining cautiously optimistic. Thanks again x

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

I can't actually quite believe i am writing this. My daughter in law is now 21 weeks pregnant. Had the 20 week scan and everhting is absolutely fine. Everything where it should be and  there is no mistaking it's a boy! There are no words to express how i feel but still got everything croaseed.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On 19/11/2023 at 14:02, Gezabel said:

I can't actually quite believe i am writing this. My daughter in law is now 21 weeks pregnant. Had the 20 week scan and everhting is absolutely fine. Everything where it should be and  there is no mistaking it's a boy! There are no words to express how i feel but still got everything croaseed.

So, so please for you.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2023 at 14:02, Gezabel said:

Wonderful news ❤️

• Like 1

On 23/11/2023 at 12:57, Cait said:

So, so exciting!   Something to brighten the dark winter months!  Have you got your knitting needles out? 

I have now!  Luckily she is a hand knit fan! i just thought i would wait for the  20 week scan. She is now positively blooming - saw them the other night and to see her hand so gently and protectively on  the bump was just fantastic!. They took lots of 'extra' scan pictures as she is classed as an older mum (37) but everything was just fine :-) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2