Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Awe and Wonder

Jules

I woke up this morning to snow. For adults this can mean scraping snow off the car before making what has now become a slow and tricky journey, a slippery walk to the bus stop, maybe not being able to get to work and maybe that means not getting paid today, worrying about elderly parents or neighbours... 

But for children, snow can mean surprise, excitement, experimentation, imagination, wonder... I reflected on that and tried to capture some of that today as I watched the snowflakes fall. 

This article by Emma Davis reflects on sharing in children's awe and wonder. What fills you with this feeling? 

• 2 months later...
On 22/05/2023 at 12:42, Helen said:

It has to be my bamboo growing! Last week, the new shoots were about 10 cms high and this week they are about 150! It's totally magic. 😃

this equates to annoyance in my house....even after taking a pick axe to it i still cant get rid! 😬 planting most seeds however still fills me with joy!

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 13:58, BenTapestrySupport said:

It's only an issue when you want to remove it....

the week i removed it the fencing contractor said...oh i'd have paid you for that i needed some mature stuff for a garden im doing !😬

• Sad 1

On 25/05/2023 at 16:23, Helen said:

I can never keep poinsettias from Christmas to New Year- maybe I'm chucking them away too soon?!

I never usually do. I am a rubbish plant person! I tend to stick the plants I have in the sink for a good drink every week - works for orchids! I  did the  poinsettia from habit as it still had a little colour on it then one week noticed some tiny shoots - I’m going to see how it goes!

• Like 1

I kept one going for several years until my daughter borrowed it for some decoration at work and it promptly died 🤭.  

awe and wonder has to be a wasp nest.  Absolutely incredible that the chomp away on my wood fence and then spit that gunk out to create something mind blowing! 

• Like 3

On 27/05/2023 at 09:44, Cait said:

awe and wonder has to be a wasp nest.  Absolutely incredible that the chomp away on my wood fence and then spit that gunk out to create something mind blowing! 

Oh aren’t they amazing! 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 19:57, Froglet said:

I never usually do. I am a rubbish plant person! I tend to stick the plants I have in the sink for a good drink every week - works for orchids! I  did the  poinsettia from habit as it still had a little colour on it then one week noticed some tiny shoots - I’m going to see how it goes!

Oh my actual goodness - I still feel guilty about your poinsettia - you posted a photo of it and I said something awful like "I would chuck that if I were you" 🤦‍♀️ shows how much I know about such things! 😂

Agree about wasps nests - they are incredible - I would be happier though if the little blighters did not build them near my front door!

I loved 'doing' autumn when I was working - lots of awe and wonder in that changing season...

• Haha 1

On 29/05/2023 at 10:36, sunnyday said:

Oh my actual goodness - I still feel guilty about your poinsettia - you posted a photo of it and I said something awful like "I would chuck that if I were you" 🤦‍♀️ shows how much I know about such things! 😂

Agree about wasps nests - they are incredible - I would be happier though if the little blighters did not build them near my front door!

I loved 'doing' autumn when I was working - lots of awe and wonder in that changing season...

Nothing quite like a conker fresh out of its shell.

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2