Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

BBC clip regarding nursery fees

Panders

On 26/03/2022 at 08:47, Panders said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone

starts at about 8.30 am.    As usual the discussion goes on!   One owner/manager says she has decided not to pay herself anymore rather than lose staff or not pay them full wages rather than increasing fees.  (Sounds very much like my last year!)

Hi panders...what programme?

On 26/03/2022 at 11:50, Panders said:

sorry - BBC breakfast  not on iplayer at the moment, but it will usually become available later in the day.  Thought I'd been dead techie with the link 😂

NO problem ...TBF thought it was my lack of techyness that was the issue !😁

I did this too, three years on the trot when our September starting figures were too low to pay the two of us.   In the early days, there was just my deputy and I, and September intake in our small village could be just 3 children.   It’s so sad that it’s still happening in this day and age.  😳😢

• Like 1

so changing ratios will create better childcare??? hummmmmm

There are plenty of other ways the government could help childcarers. I do also believe that those who are charging huge fees need to be looked at. Many of the childcare chains are property companies not childcare first! (HIDES!)

• Like 1