Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Your Favourites?

finleysmaid

I think I would like to have Incey Wincey Spider.    This would give us 'determination',  effects of weather, water/sun dehydration, size,  opposites up/down, also nice physical use of hands depending upon how you portray the spider!   Could also use other versions, where it snows/freezes and the sun melts the snow.

When Goldilocks went to the house of the Bears - recalling the story, size/proportion, counting, senses , wild animals :)  (more of a long song though Finleysmaid)     but some nursery rhymes suffer a little in not being contemporary enough

Wheels on the bus this can be added to so much

Our children adored Peter Hammers

Edited by Panders
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Frère Jacques - to add cultural aspects ... 

I have realised that i cannot remember the last time i sang this but since i have SO many other languages in the setting that may be why!! 

does anyone sing any songs in children's home languages other than English or French?

so the list so far is

Head shoulders knees and toes (i would say this is a nursery song and so counts!!)

Incy wincey

Frere Jacque

Wheels on the bus

Peter Hammers 

Goldilocks

surprised that more people haven't jumped on this thread.....am i the only one who sings their way through the day😄

so it has been proven that children who know 8 songs at the age of 3 are likely to be much better readers later in school...

as conversational skills and language are such an important part of the new EYFS i'm just looking at my ideal 8

think i would need if you are happy and you know it......sandy girl.......five currant buns.......twinkle twinkle ..... baa baa black sheep and tommy thumb........could go on!

ooh yes 5 currant buns - ours loved it and on high days and holidays instead of them handing over a coin we gave them a chocolate coin - always a winner 🙊

at lunch time we often sang 5 little monkeys swinging through the trees, especially if we wanted a reluctant eater to eat up a little more

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 12:46, Panders said:

Our children adored Peter Hammers

Crumbs Panda I’d forgotten all about Peter, the manager previous to me used to sing this quite a lot ...may try it tomorrow.

Row, Row, Row your boat 🚣‍♀️ (Working together, animals, speeds, actions, rhyming, making up their own)

Gently/stream/crocodile/scream

Quickly/river/polar bear/shiver

slowly on the lake/long snake/quake 

Bobbing on the sea/bumble bee/freeze

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Crumbs Panda I’d forgotten all about Peter, the manager previous to me used to sing this quite a lot ...may try it tomorrow.

Row, Row, Row your boat 🚣‍♀️ (Working together, animals, speeds, actions, rhyming, making up their own)

Love these versions....guess what we are singing today then !!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

gently to the shore/lion/ don't forget to roar  😂

• Like 2