Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Letterbox gift

Froglet

There seem to be increasing numbers of different letterbox gifts around now and I love getting things through the post. I have seen tea, flowers, biscuits and cheese among others. I am thinking of putting some together for loved ones I have only seen on a screen  for ages and will only see that way for a good while to come. So, I have two questions:

1. What would you wish for in a letterbox gift for yourself?

2. What would you put in a box for a child? I’m thinking of one for my niblings (aged 3, 8 and 12) and so far have come up with: a Lego minifigure, packet of seeds, a sweet treat of some kind. Any other ideas?!

Edited by Froglet

22 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

books? always great for a personalised pressie. Me...chocolate, coffee, gin and something smelly for the bath ! (ill give you my address later!!!) I

No problem! I love giving presents!

A craft kit for the children?  

Many years ago I made a Christmas card for my cousin- only it turns out the glue wasn't any good ..... anyway basically the card arrived in 'kit form' and my cousins children loved re-making it!    My cousin even rang and thanked me for the unique fun card 😂

Little felt swing kits to make a bookmark or small purse.  

We sent home a 'spoon' recipe for biscuits  in our busy bags and the children have loved making them and posting pictures on our face book page.

• Haha 1

On 17/06/2020 at 11:48, louby loo said:

A craft kit for the children?  

Many years ago I made a Christmas card for my cousin- only it turns out the glue wasn't any good ..... anyway basically the card arrived in 'kit form' and my cousins children loved re-making it!    My cousin even rang and thanked me for the unique fun card 😂

Little felt swing kits to make a bookmark or small purse.  

We sent home a 'spoon' recipe for biscuits  in our busy bags and the children have loved making them and posting pictures on our face book page.

That reminds me of our C stall a few years ago.  We had cut out all the bits to make C cards But just ran out of time to actually make them, so we stuffed the cards and their accompanying bits into clear plastic card covers and they sold like hot cakes! Lesson for the following year!

• Like 3