Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Symptoms

Stargrower

I've just seen a GP on BBC Breakfast this morning called Dr Nighat Arif.  She was taking part in a Q & A session with parents of children returning to school on Monday.  She was asked about Coronavirus symptoms in children and answered that the symptoms to look out for are:

Stomach ache

Vomiting and diarrhoea 

A low temperature

She also said to look out for signs of septicaemia. 

Nobody questioned this at all.  I looked on the NHS website and several other sites and found no mention of these symptoms at all.  Only the three usual symptoms were mentioned for children.  This has been in all the advice and information we have given to parents.

Has anyone heard of this before??

One of the questions at Bojo's briefing Thursday was;-  Why does the Uk only list three symptoms when all other countries list 14+.   Bojo actually answered 'oh, I thought there was more listed'.   😳

I can't remember what the actually outcome of the answer was though.   ( I think at this point I finally gave up on gov advice) 

• Like 1

I heard this and popped it on my to-do list to look at next week. Did you also notice on the guidance sent through it didn't say what the temperature was just a high temperature?

Back to sunbathing for the next two days and trying to not think about work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, starsdance said:

I heard this and popped it on my to-do list to look at next week. Did you also notice on the guidance sent through it didn't say what the temperature was just a high temperature?

Back to sunbathing for the next two days and trying to not think about work.

I tried to google check the temp before adding to something I was doing and it seems to have vanished of everything  and just says high temperature.

I think its 37.8- guidance said that (or it did) and nhs said 38. 

To be honest with all those symptoms being listed we dont stand a chance- they seem to be listing every symptom of everything- just about the only thing not listed is spots!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lynned55 said:

I think its 37.8- guidance said that (or it did) and nhs said 38. 

To be honest with all those symptoms being listed we dont stand a chance- they seem to be listing every symptom of everything- just about the only thing not listed is spots!!

Give it time 😂

• Haha 1

On 30/05/2020 at 15:32, Mouseketeer said:

I tried to google check the temp before adding to something I was doing and it seems to have vanished of everything  and just says high temperature.

Temperature is quite a personal thing.  I had convulsions and was hospitalised twice as an infant, because my temperature had shot up to 38. Now that’s not very high, and you can see why it was dismissed, but my normal temp was 34, so a rapid rise of 4 degrees was a big jump.  It took a while for them to recognise that.  So a child presenting with a temp of 37 might seem perfectly normal, but it might not be normal for them.  It’s a tricky one!  Interestingly, my temp seems to have risen over the years, especially since pregnancy, and is now around 36.