Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

PM COVID speech confusion

Poppy33

HI everyone,

is it just me or is anyone else confused after the PM speech tonight. He said those who cannot work from home, should go to work now. Does that include EY staff? They can't work from home, but we don't have enough children. There has also been no reference to daycare at all, just reception classes from June at the earliest. So how can I possibly plan ahead? Aarghhh!

• Like 1

Yeah, but don't worry he will shine a light on the invisible  killer! o.O

But seriously, what are you all doing about offering September places, I would normally send out confirmations to our new starters at the end of this month? I guess everyone will just have to be patient and wait for some clearer guidance...

New Government document published today.  "Our Plan to rebuild: The UK Government's COVID-19 recovery strategy" Page 30 mentions EY settings:-

The current planning assumption for England is that the second step may include as many of the following measures as possible, consistent with the five tests. Organisations should prepare accordingly.
● A phased return for early years settings and schools. Schools should prepare to begin to open for more children from 1 June. The Government expects children to be able to return to early years settings, and for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 to be back in school in smaller sizes, from this point. This aims to ensure that the youngest children, and those preparing for the transition to secondary school, have maximum time with their teachers. Secondary schools and further education colleges should also prepare to begin some face to face contact with Year 10 and 12 pupils who have key exams next year, in support of their continued remote, home learning. The Government’s ambition is for all primary school children to return to school before the summer for a month if feasible, though this will be kept under review. The Department of Education will engage closely with schools and early years providers to develop further detail and guidance on how schools should facilitate this.

Edited by Gezabel

2 hours ago, Gezabel said:

The Department of Education will engage closely with schools and early years providers to develop further detail and guidance on how schools should facilitate this.

Race to be the first to see "the detail."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)