Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Spare PPE? food etc?

finleysmaid

Just in case you haven't thought about it (and im sure most of you will have) if you have any PPE at your preschool/nursery or school that is not being used please do donate it to the NHS. 

They are very happy to receive 

gloves/tissues/plastic aprons

and your local foodbank will take any spare personal products (soaps/shampoos/conditioners/toilet paper) along with any dried food items (rice/pasta/cereal/tins ETC)

If you are not using them at the moment please do think about donating them.

You can do so through your doctors surgery /LEA contact /local hospital etc and the food banks details for your local area are online

Don't let it sit there unused for months...please give it to someone in need. Even one bx of gloves can make a difference (we donated ours to the district nurse caring for an elderly person at the end of our road!)

xxx FM

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Our setting is about to be used as emergency services resting place :(

Once they are in I will ask if they want our gloves etc.

i think it's brill that people are thiking outside the box though...is it going to cause you lots of issues? :(

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Thanks for posting this fm - I have gloves and aprons that I would willingly donate - in strict 'lockdown' though (with Mr S) so not sure how I could deliver them - will have a good think about this

Don't put yourselves in any danger...:ph34r:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh - how does that work then?

Not sure, we rent from the scouts. We have a massive hall, and the park carpark is big and closed to public at the moment.  We've been told it will be use a rest centre /chillout zone.

We can actually get to the excel centre via motorway very easily form here, so think that may have influenced the choice :(

5 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Not sure, we rent from the scouts. We have a massive hall, and the park carpark is big and closed to public at the moment.  We've been told it will be use a rest centre /chillout zone.

We can actually get to the excel centre via motorway very easily form here, so think that may have influenced the choice :(

That's so interesting, thanks, bet that you are right about the location

7 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Great idea, I was only telling my OH that between all of us closed we could prob stock the nightingale hospital with aprons and gloves, we have a HDU nurse parent, I’ll ask if she can take it.

Ah ha - I have a neighbour that might take mine :) great thinking there Mousie!

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 2