Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Games Room - Pub Quiz Hand Outs - all welcome

Mouseketeer

3 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

i know the answer to number 10 but only because i looked it up! didn't realise it started so violently!:o

I am intrigued :) I could think about it all day and don't think I could come up with an answer - perhaps young Froglet will give us a clue..... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I am intrigued :) I could think about it all day and don't think I could come up with an answer - perhaps young Froglet will give us a clue..... 

Young Froglet will indeed (mainly because you persist in calling me young but partly because I'm avoiding writing my reports! )  Like FM says it's a surprisingly violent start to this lovely book which is a tear jerker but not because of the axe related opening!  I think it's a book about friendship and brains!  Perhaps FM can help me out with some clues as she knows what it is!

26 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Young Froglet will indeed (mainly because you persist in calling me young but partly because I'm avoiding writing my reports! )  Like FM says it's a surprisingly violent start to this lovely book which is a tear jerker but not because of the axe related opening!  I think it's a book about friendship and brains!  Perhaps FM can help me out with some clues as she knows what it is!

You will always be 'young Froglet' to me - that's how I think of you :)

'friendship and brains' - I'm thinking...….can you hear the cogs turning? xD

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Froglet said:

i read it when i was 12, which is maybe a little late to the field. 

2 minutes ago, Froglet said:

I think I was a similar age. There has been a film made of it starring Dakota Fanning (I’ve never seen it).

interestingly looking back i suspect it was the theme of looking after the 'little man' that struck a cord with me...something i have done all my life and am still doing now!

13 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

interestingly looking back i suspect it was the theme of looking after the 'little man' that struck a cord with me...something i have done all my life and am still doing now!

Ok, now I’m confused! 😁 I don’t remember that theme!

Edited by Froglet

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Whilst putting out my bins I thought - 'Anne of Green gables' - I can't even remember what that story is about....

No, I almost did go for that - can’t remember why I didn’t now! This book always reminds me of one by Dick King-Smith (same main character) which in turn reminds me of Saint Saens organ symphony number 3...

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Whilst putting out my bins I thought - 'Anne of Green gables' - I can't even remember what that story is about....

Hope you've washed you hands. My husband has taken upon himself to disinfect all our neighbours bins (and lids) after collection and returning them to them :)   We do have got lot of elderly neighbours though. (and not many neighbours- it's not like he does streets full of bins xDxD)

• Like 3

Just now, Froglet said:

No, I almost did go for that - can’t remember why I didn’t now! This book always reminds me of one by Dick King-Smith (same main character) which in turn reminds me of Saint Saens organ symphony number 3...

blimey...get her !!:D

• Haha 2

Just now, louby loo said:

Hope you've washed you hands. My husband has taken upon himself to disinfect all our neighbours bins (and lids) after collection and returning them to them :)   We do have got lot of elderly neighbours though. (and not many neighbours- it's not like he does streets full of bins xDxD)

I absolutely did wash my hands xD

Have just shouted to Mr S (he is up the garden) "there is a parcel by the door - don't touch it" it is only bags for the vacuum cleaner and it can stay outside self isolating for now!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Froglet said:

That hasn't helped at all xD

• Haha 1