Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Standing down

C1403

Hi All

I've been on/off this forum for several years and this week at our AGM will be stepping down as Chair for our Pre-School .

So, my (hopefully) final question is my replacement.

No one has volunteered to take on the role and I haven't activity searched. I think people know it comes with responsibility and aren't overly keen .

Would a replacement need to be named at the AGM or is it down to the new Committee to name someone at their next meeting. I'm also the nominated individual with Ofsted so assume it needs to be done quickly.

I don't want to leave the setting high and dry or on a bad note but I get the feeling I may be guilt tripped to stay if no one else nominates themselves and I really do not want to this time. 4 years has been enough and I'm ready to move on now my children are at school.

I want to give as much advise to the new Committee as I can so any advise is much appreciated.

Thanks for all your help over the past few years. 

C x

I think the new committee can vote for chair at their first meeting. When I was at committee led setting our chair worked alongside the new one for a while to support her, she also made herself available to help advise for a few months and attended first few committee meetings to help them. 

18 hours ago, zigzag said:

Can I just ask what do your Chairs do? 

I can tell you what I've done , in no particular order.

Chaired meetings

Manager Supervision and Appraisals

Recruitment of staff

Assist treasurer with accounting

Organise various maintenance that is needed

Pay staff wages

Review all policies/staff contracts

Submit all legal documents to CHousr and C Commission

Liase with Ofsted re EY2s

Helped with fundraising events

It sometimes felt like a full time job but unpaid!

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, louby loo said:

I can't help thinking unless you actually 'leave' no one is going to even start looking for a replacement- they will just rely on your goodwill?

Note: I don't actually have any experience of committees though, it's just my personal view.

Yes exactly that and I need to make sure I stick to my guns.I am definitely standing down but happy to help a new chair get the ball rolling. 

On 05/11/2019 at 14:45, C1403 said:

I can tell you what I've done , in no particular order.

Chaired meetings

Manager Supervision and Appraisals

Recruitment of staff

Assist treasurer with accounting

Organise various maintenance that is needed

Pay staff wages

Review all policies/staff contracts

Submit all legal documents to CHousr and C Commission

Liase with Ofsted re EY2s

Helped with fundraising events

It sometimes felt like a full time job but unpaid!

Oh my goodness gracious me, I am amazed that you do all this.  What a lucky group to have you.

On 07/11/2019 at 19:19, zigzag said:

Oh my goodness gracious me, I am amazed that you do all this.  What a lucky group to have you.

My thoughts too zigzag, they are soon going to realise how lucky they were.

My committees haven't always assigned roles at the AGM, they have another meeting within a few days, but I am NP not the Chair so I guess you will need to make Ofsted aware you are no longer the NP.

Best Wishes C1403 :-) 

Well that is it. Formally resigned and we have a new chair

Handover in process and yes I think st the end my hard work was appreciated.

Now I find myself leaning towards the school PTA :-O

All the best everyone, your advise has been invaluable.

X

Edited by C1403
Tyoo
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)