Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Using bleach as a cleaning agent in the setting

We work in a shared building, it's old and often the floors are very dirty. We have always used bleach to clean the mops and the floor, but have had a complaint from a new  parent this morning that the smell of bleach is too strong and she would rather her son was exposed to germs than the chemicals used to clean.  Anyone else experienced this, what alternative products do you use.  We have tried anti-bacterial floor cleaner, the germs are probably gone but the floor doesn't look clean afterwards

Zigzag, have you tried Zoflora?  Some online blogger has made it very "fashionable" at the moment xD  but has been around for years.     Different scents available, but does give a reasonable whiff rather than antiseptic whiff of Dettol (Dettol has the unfortunate habit of reminding me of fainting when it as used on me for cuts and grazes as a child:(), and kills all known germs as the saying goes.    It can be expensive in some stores but can be picked up cheaply in others.     Cheapest was Wilko lately.

Haven’t tried that one, will look out for it.  To be honest we are using big five litre pine disinfectant from Viking at the moment.  But I have to say I LOVE the smell of Dettol! (Does that make me weird?) 🤪 It always makes the place smell so clean.

I love a random thread like this xD

I love Zoflora.  It is a bit pricey but it's really concentrated so you only need a tiny bit.  Having said that, I wouldn't use it on our vast expanse of floor at nursery - we'd go through a bottle a day!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)