Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another one bites the dust

sunnyday

Incredibly sad to hear yesterday that the pre-school in the next village to us will be closing October half-term :( due to lack of numbers, manager said "just not financially viable"

Mr S got his head bitten off when he said "oh that's good, you might get some of their children"...….maybe I will, maybe I won't, but who wants to see another good provision close - not me that's for sure

There but for the grace of God...….

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Incredibly sad to hear yesterday that the pre-school in the next village to us will be closing October half-term :( due to lack of numbers, manager said "just not financially viable"

Mr S got his head bitten off when he said "oh that's good, you might get some of their children"...….maybe I will, maybe I won't, but who wants to see another good provision close - not me that's for sure

There but for the grace of God...….

Bitter/Sweet :|  

Happened to us, yes we did get a few extra children- although we were able to take on one staff member too.  But it's so sad when another small independant setting closes. 

• Like 1

It’s getting scary isn’t it sunnyday? I only have a few taking up 30hrs a week and that will cost us £2553.60 this year with the difference between our funding rate and our fee charge add that to the number doing 15 hrs a week and the loss is huge, how long can this carry on before settings just say “we’re charging parents the difference”? :-( 

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

It’s getting scary isn’t it sunnyday? I only have a few taking up 30hrs a week and that will cost us £2553.60 this year with the difference between our funding rate and our fee charge add that to the number doing 15 hrs a week and the loss is huge, how long can this carry on before settings just say “we’re charging parents the difference”? :-( 

When the min wage does a big jump?  I'd love to pay more -but we just can't afford to. :|

35 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Such a worry Mousie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blondie said:

personally I think they want all settings to close and have them within school/school grounds under the remit of the school which is very, very sad.

Yep, small preschools aren't good for the economy.  Our staff don't earn enough to pay tax :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...