Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding audit

Hi

Has anyone recently had a funding audit? The last one my previous nursery had, someone from the LA came out and checked all funding firms from previous terms and checked each child's attendance. 

I am just wondering if this is still the same??

Thank you 

I had one earlier this year too.  They looked at all the funding forms, checking for parents' signatures, checking the amount claimed on the forms against what we actually claimed, all permissions given by parents (GDPR), our funding agreement with parents including explanation of how the stretched offer works, any claims for EYPP,  disability access funding, evidence of eligibility for two-year old funding.  

We then got a report with a few actions on it - nothing major, just rewording part of our agreement and a couple of claims that weren't quite right (one slightly over and one slightly under!). 

We are audited every three years.

Edited by Stargrower

6 hours ago, Alice87 said:

@sunnyday that would be great. 

So sorry I can't find the sheet at all - but off the top of my head

Looked at register - noted how we identify absent children i.e. s for sick, h for holiday......

Checked to see how we check all children in and out and how we record times if different to the norm

Checked funding forms - all sections to be completed and signed by parents

Needed to see our 'Pattern of Delivery' document

Recorded my ICO number

Needed to see our 'Privacy Notice'

I'm sure that there was something else - I will come back if I remember 9_9

5 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Ummmm excuse me Sunnyday but what is a ‘pattern of delivery’ document ....I thought that looks ‘doable’ until I got to that bit  😝 

xD When I am back on the lap-top I will send you this wonderful and completely useless paperwork - probably only needed in Kent so I really wouldn't worry about it xD

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alice87 said:

As a new nursery that will have be opened 2 years in Nov does anyone have any ideas when we may get an audit? 

Sorry Alice I have no idea - as you can see upthread I have only ever had one in the 99 years that I have been operating and mousie has never had one at all......

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

xD When I am back on the lap-top I will send you this wonderful and completely useless paperwork - probably only needed in Kent so I really wouldn't worry about it xD

Many thanks Sunnyday, I look forward to it ....it may just be on their website, Devon and one of the up north counties (the name escapes me until I find the bookmark) have some fantastic templates for early years, my county has absolutely zilch !!

• Like 1