Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interventions in Nursery

Hello,

I am a qualified teacher working in a Nursery. From September I have been given some time to run some interventions with some our children. It looks as though they need to be focused around PSED and Communication.

I have some resources in the Nursery already but am wondering if anyone has used any interventions or resources before that have really had an impact on the children's development.

Sorry if this has already been discussed before.

Music for communication is great, if you google it you can find resources, this is great for reluctant communicators, the idea is very small groups to start with getting bigger so the children are gaining confidence to speak and sing, it also covers turn taking etc so would cover some of your PSED stuff.

We run social communication groups for children struggling with PSED and/or communication.  We play games in a small group focusing on things like making eye contact, greeting, taking turns, following simple instructions, speaking in a small group etc etc.  It's great to see the progress children make after a few weeks as their confidence blossoms.  

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)