Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

MOD property

Cait

A friend of mine had to close her setting in July and now has the chance to bid on a new setting fairly close to home. On the face of  it, it's a great opportunity: TWO 4 bedroomed houses next door to each other, huge gardens. big rooms, plenty of storage, garage etc. But she has to say what she'd be prepared to pay in rent (They are MOD properties). I expect there'll be a lot of interest, BUT they want them to be operational in April, so that means someone who is ready to go pretty much immediately...........which she could as she has all her equipment in store. Does anyone on here run from MOD property and what kind of rent do you pay! Just to give her some sort of ball-park figure.  

I wouldn't so much worry about what others pay but what she will be able to afford. Can she work out her projected figures for income (usually done at 40/60 and 80% of turnover) and then work out what percentage of this she can afford...this would depend on utilities/business rates and what else is included like cleaners / gardeners etc How much is she going to pay staff and how many will she need?

Business rates may be high depending on the council !!!

sorry cait i'm sure you've done all this with her already but it really is what is right for her business rather than a like for like.

• Like 1

I've don't know but just as an idea, I pay £1200 per month for my day nursery.  We have a baby room for six children, toddlers for 12 and pre-school for 26.  Plus kitchen, toilets and a large garden.  We have sole use all year.  We are in Suffolk.   That might all be completely irrelevant but  best of luck to your friend.

Edited by Stargrower

Thank you all.   Yes, it's pretty much what she's already done.  I think she just wanted some validation that what she's done is right.   Thanks again x 

On 05/03/2019 at 10:21, Stargrower said:

I've don't know but just as an idea, I pay £1200 per month for my day nursery.  We have a baby room for six children, toddlers for 12 and pre-school for 26.  Plus kitchen, toilets and a large garden.  We have sole use all year.  We are in Suffolk.   That might all be completely irrelevant but  best of luck to your friend.

Gosh! I pay almost that amount for a term time, shared use scout hut which we have to pack-away completely every day.:o

Sorry Cait- that was no help to you what-so-ever. (I just got a bit carried away with the shock O.o)

Edited by louby loo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)