Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Contacting ofsted

19 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

thank you...it's a safeguarding issue but one of those do I don't I scenarios not sure I have enough detail atm!!!

Have you spoken to your LADO - I was on a course this week and they were expressing their availability for a chat to talk through anything pertaining to safeguarding. Maybe if you gave them a call you could clarify your thoughts?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Have you spoken to your LADO - I was on a course this week and they were expressing their availability for a chat to talk through anything pertaining to safeguarding. Maybe if you gave them a call you could clarify your thoughts?

have spoken to the mash team and quite frankly they have dropped me in to a situation! I then had a doctor ring me and question my authority to do anything! Sorry can't really say any more at the moment but I DO really appreciate your help.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

have spoken to the mash team and quite frankly they have dropped me in to a situation! I then had a doctor ring me and question my authority to do anything! Sorry can't really say any more at the moment but I DO really appreciate your help.

Oh, we're all here if you need to vent :)

• Like 2

I know you can’t go into any further details, but I am shocked, in this age of multi agency working, and the belief that it is better to do something than nothing that a doctor would question your authority.  Sending you good vibes and hope you get it sorted satisfactorily soon xxx (Gut instinct, remember!) xxx

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 19:39, finleysmaid said:

:o :( what is this - damned if you do and damned if you don't 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

:o :( what is this - damned if you do and damned if you don't 

Humm the scenario continues. up to 20 pages of documentation so far  and I suspect I am getting a phone call tomorrow to say they are not taking the case any further. One of those ones who I think will stick with us for a while and simmer

The Doctor really did not help the situation and yet I feel he may have been spoken to in somewhat more reverent terms than I was by MASH

When this case is closed this week I will write to the head of our safeguarding training and tell them my thoughts!>:(

• Like 2

so have been told no further action required.....which does not surprise me and i'm sure that's probably the right result. However the original doctor should not have suggested it was a safeguarding issue and then decide it wasn't! (without much evidence either way)

The family doctor was completely out of order but has so far managed to wangle his way out of the situation!

the poor lady who gave me the information in the first place however has removed her child from us and lost her job

I can't really give any more details but it does really put you off reporting things doesn't it!!! (not that I would but YKWIM!)

I am in the process of formulating a report to our safeguarding officer!

Feeling somewhat frustrated!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1