Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rain, rain go away!

sunnyday

Just appalling weather here today :o

The Community building that I operate from is relatively new but is 'leaking' like a sieve.......actually it is more that the wind is blowing rain in through every door. have spent so much time mopping up and strategically placing buckets and bowls wherever needed.....

Carpet in the foyer is absolutely sodden despite my best efforts

Frustrated with a couple parents who had also been on the school run their children were soaked so I said "shall we get the spare clothes from their bags" - much muttering then which amounted to "oh there aren't any spares, I forgot to replace them"......good job I have plenty then!

Also frustrated with parents leaving the main entrance door 'swinging in the breeze' - really.....would you leave your own door open, I think not!

Hope that nobody is actually flooded:(

Is it too early for gin?9_9

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Frustrated with a couple parents who had also been on the school run their children were soaked so I said "shall we get the spare clothes from their bags" - much muttering then which amounted to "oh there aren't any spares, I forgot to replace them"......good job I have plenty then!

Is it too early for gin?9_9

Acceptable time for gin. :)

But I do love it when they get the 'spare clothes' out and they are about 2 sizes to small because they've been in the bag since day one! xD

I'd like to give sympathy for the leaking roof.... however we have had a leak since last year- and they keep saying we just need a few dry weeks before we repair it - well that's never going to happen!  At least it's in a side hall so doesn't really effect the children at all.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Really? We’ve not had a drop of rain, pretty cold wind but quite bright :-) 

We have had your share Mousie xD

There are currently two very big trees down in the village, I am very grateful that I can now stay indoors for the evening......

This time last week the weather was just beautiful

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Panders said:

don't think it's stopped raining once today.   We are drip free, but builders were up on the flat roof to the lower building's extension last week - so maybe it's their turn for once9_9

I know - we've had full on 'wet play' syndrome today - two staff off, two children settling, the garden too wild to go in, one flooded sink, one toilet blocked - I was jolly glad when it was time for me to go home! I was very much 'in it' today O.o

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Lovely blue sky this morning and all calm and quiet - phew!

(will just have to find a way to dry out that very soggy entrance carpet now, apparently the school have a machine that will help with this - wonder if it comes with an operator) :)

• Like 1

Two 'surprises' this morning

Someone, I know not who had been in and dried that soggy carpet early this morning (I had emailed the management committee for the building yesterday asking for help)

Went I went out to check our outdoor area two trees have come down from outside the area but had fallen in - luckily this belongs to our Parish Council and we were still able to use the outdoor space!

3 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Two 'surprises' this morning

Someone, I know not who had been in and dried that soggy carpet early this morning (I had emailed the management committee for the building yesterday asking for help)

Went I went out to check our outdoor area two trees have come down from outside the area but had fallen in - luckily this belongs to our Parish Council and we were still able to use the outdoor space!

That's the good karma fairies that visit those who deserve it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sue said:

Well after beautiful blue skies yesterday we are back to rain, rain and more rain here in Sussex :(

Bloomin weather, you don't know whether to put on flip-flops or wellies from one day to the next  :P

I think we may well all develop webbed feet any day now!:D