Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

So very, very cross!

zigzag

I posted on here a while ago about the problems I had with an order from Cosy direct and the complete lack of customer service and contact that I was having.  I have received an email today and they have said that yes the product is not as shown in the catalogue but that we have to pay £50 to return them!!   There is no way I am paying that for something that is not as shown in the catalogue.  I have emailed to say this and am waiting a response.  Does anyone have any idea of the legal standing on this? I am so frustrated, I shall NEVER be using them again.  Right off to dig the allotment and get rid of some of my 😤😤😖

• Confused 1

Trade descriptions act ...has to be fit for purpose and as advertised....if neither of these they have to give you a refund (in full) ...they can choose whether to leave the stuff with you at your agreement!

I would suggest if they don't play ball (and be clear what you want them to do ) that you will be in touch with your solicitor. (£25 for a letter!!) Give them the idea that if they sort it out then you will call it quits and may reorder failure to do so will result in loss of business and taking them to the furniture ombudsman .

• Like 2

I asked for a response from them by the end of today but not received one so have now emailed saying I have taken advice and the next step is a solicitors letter and trading standards and that I expect them to respond in 24 hours.  Really don’t need this at the moment!

• Sad 1

Glad you've finally got it sorted :)        I do like the cosy stuff, but have heard they are not so good at customer aftercare.

Added to that I have cabinet maker husband that pulls faces and laughs at the prices..... however this also comes with the caveat 'I really wouldn't be happy making something that children use in a business situation'  I can't win either way!

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Glad you've finally got it sorted :)        I do like the cosy stuff, but have heard they are not so good at customer aftercare.

Added to that I have cabinet maker husband that pulls faces and laughs at the prices..... however this also comes with the caveat 'I really wouldn't be happy making something that children use in a business situation'  I can't win either way!

My husband is just the same, all I hear is “I could make that” then I show him how much they charge in the catalogues and he shakes his head in despair 😩 

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:03, zigzag said:

Just to say that Cosy have now said that the supplier has some of the cubes with the slots and can deliver them and collect the others.  At last, it’s only taken one month to get it sorted!🙄

Glad you have got that sorted - but, for goodness sake why didn't they offer that straight away.........

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this one.  The original cubes were collected and we waited weeks and weeks for the replacements to be delivered, as we got nearer our two week half term break I decided enough was enough and rang them and told them that they needed to cancel the order and refund me.  So they FINALLY agreed.  Anyway when the refund arrived it was over a £100 short, so I contacted them and they said this is due to a bill that had not been paid in March 2017!  I obviously have proof that I sent the cheque to them but it beggars belief that it has taken them fourteen months to realise this without sending me any reminders or questioning why they have not received payment!  The cheque was also made out to the school and not the pre school!  I will never ever be using this company again.😤

zigzag I hope you write to the directors and tell them all of this...they really need to know about your situation (and may not have been told by their staff that they've messed up)  for every customer complaint it equates to about 144 people being told....or in your case on this site rather more I feel!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zigzag said:

Just an update on this one.  The original cubes were collected and we waited weeks and weeks for the replacements to be delivered, as we got nearer our two week half term break I decided enough was enough and rang them and told them that they needed to cancel the order and refund me.  So they FINALLY agreed.  Anyway when the refund arrived it was over a £100 short, so I contacted them and they said this is due to a bill that had not been paid in March 2017!  I obviously have proof that I sent the cheque to them but it beggars belief that it has taken them fourteen months to realise this without sending me any reminders or questioning why they have not received payment!  The cheque was also made out to the school and not the pre school!  I will never ever be using this company again.😤

Wow -- I would be so upset about this - I will also not be using this company

Think fm has made a very good suggestion above

8 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

zigzag I hope you write to the directors and tell them all of this...they really need to know about your situation (and may not have been told by their staff that they've messed up)  for every customer complaint it equates to about 144 people being told....or in your case on this site rather more I feel!!

I actually in the end put a negative comment on their Instagram post.  The M.D. contacted me and I told him and he apologised and passed the buck basically, saying he had on,y recently taken over.  He did give me a £20 credit note as a gesture of goodwill.  Needless to say I told him exactly where he could stick it😲

26 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I actually in the end put a negative comment on their Instagram post.  The M.D. contacted me and I told him and he apologised and passed the buck basically, saying he had on,y recently taken over.  He did give me a £20 credit note as a gesture of goodwill.  Needless to say I told him exactly where he could stick it😲

My husband reads the Cosy catalogue for the complete 'rip off  cr** factor' as he calls it :o   He says it looks highly priced and badly made (for the price).

However he will not make us anything as he worries about the liability of 'home made' things in a childcare business. :|:(

He loves the Community Playthings stuff though.

• Like 1