Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Everyone sick!

finleysmaid

First time in 18 years ive had to close.....everyone is ill ! parents have been great thankfully. Hope to run after school club tomorrow but otherwise it's a no go.

Ive got a new member of staff starting next week...bless she's going to walk in to a hospital ward at this rateO.o

Unfortunately 2 with the same and one different! ...we've had a bug going round for the last 2 weeks....keep telling parents NOT to bring their children in but its one of those bugs that's difficult to spot until the symptom hit !:ph34r: Now administrators mum ill (she normally covers ) so looks like we'll be closed tomorrow too. This is the issue when you are short staffed and a small team. We've been struggling on .I hoped to get to the end of term but didn't quite make it

sorry didn't have my glasses on (due to head down loo cleaning!) just realised that should be EVERYONEO.oxD

32 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

!:ph34r: Now administrators mum ill (she normally covers )

administrator NOT mum...she's 96! (mum not administrator!)O.o:bananas:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• FSFRebecca changed the title to Everyone sick!

Oh no hope you are all better soon.  This happened to us one year, I kept reiterating the 48hours rule to parents and even went as far as saying if the staff catch it we run the risk of not having enough staff to run.  Unfortunately it happened and we had to shut, still not sure parents learnt the lesson though! 🙄

Take care of yourself and don't overdo things Finley - else you'll be going down with it too :|

We had a lot off yesterday (children) so was hoping for a quiet day today - EVERYONE was in! 

Staff and children are all getting  very weary though, I think it's just been a very long and cold 'short' term. I was sooooo nice today to actually find a little sun trap to sit in for a little while this morning- I can't believe we were actually thinking about suncreams.

9 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Thanks guys i have done quite a bit today...but i didn't go in till 10 ^_^ after school club ran but was quiet. Suspect the bug we have is  a noro virus type so hopefully with 4 days clear we should have cracked it.

Fingers crossed for you

• Like 1