Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

An average sort of day

So today started with a half hour journey taking over an hour to get to work, a member of staff querying her Nov 2017 payslip, counselling a parent who funny enough is trying to cope with foundation degree training in early years whilst trying to hold down a job and two children under ten, managing a staff team that need a rocket up their a***e for motivation., Tried to plead for an increase in my budget, dealt with a staff member have bad monthlies who felt like she could faint, a pregnant staff member ( very young) worrying about a scan, scarlet fever in the setting, salad gone off so trip to local shop for more half hour before dinner was due to be served.  tried to do  a bit of paperwork, covering the late shift for third time this week so here until 7.05 when the child's parent rocks up looking glam. no apology for being late.... I look like a sack of poo..... where's the wine? and remind me why I love my job.

• Sad 2

Oh bless you :(

We all know exactly how you feel ... you love the job because of the children and the 'wow' moments. It's people like you that keep our sector going, well done :D 

Have a glass of wine and watch some tv, read a book or talk to us on the FSF - you'll feel better tomorrow and then it's the weekend x

5 hours ago, Emmawill said:

Thanks ladies.... today has started off a lot better, and yes its Friday!!!!!!!!:D

Emma - I think you should come and join the 'Friday Gang' on the 'Its Friday' thread - a good place to put the world to rights! :)

• Like 1