Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee Responsibilities

Melsampson66

As a committee we carried out the manager recruitment, interviews etc. For other staff members I have left this to my new manager.

she has been brilliant in dealing with the recruitment and building her team, but as a committee we have supported her with the interview process - perhaps you could ask that?

I am the chair and I worked along side the manager to work out the role/hours/job description. I placed the ad on behalf of the pre-school, received the applications etc. I then went through with the manager and shortlisted for interview.

We had a panel interview, myself, manager and another committee member. I drafted the questions again with the managers help.

I think responsibility for recruitment lies with the committee but it's not a task they can do alone.

I think that's the case too. The Committee are the employing 'body' and it is their responsibility to ensure that the person appointed is suitable but as manager I always sit in on the interviews and ask questions. I also work with our Chair to write the job description. I also have a large say in who gets the job based on their interview and experience/qualifications.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)