Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How should we link with other organisations

shanaz

Mmm good luck with that one!, The powers that be have closed most of them down due to budget cuts. The original plan (I read somewhere) was to have a Health Visitor in a Children's Centre, who would go out to visit various settings within the catchment area to give advice to the setting, or you could signpost parents to the centres to see them for support. The report also talked about needing to recruit 5,000 more Health visitors. Then in the next breath they go and get rid of the Nusery Nurses who work within the HV team, who used to do home visits so the HV could concentrate on the more serious cases regarding Safeguarding. Now they are having to do more home visits as well. You may find although they would love to help, they may not have the time/resources. Hope i'm wrong.

Good luck

Depends on what is happening in your area. We work hard in ours to link with health visitors who are still mainly located in the childrens centres and every setting has a link health visitor.

If there is no strategy for your LA, could you just contact your children's centre or your health visiting team and explain what you would like, maybe invite them into your setting of go and visit them.

Our biggest issue it high turnover of health visitors and not enough of them.

Our health visiting team was relocated in the new year. They're now based 16 miles away so not much chance of a visit these days. It's a real shame as we were building quite a good relationship with them. :(

Edited by Stargrower

Our health visiting team was relocated in the new year. They're now based 16 miles away so not much chance of a visit these days. It's a real shame as we were building quite a good relationship with them. :(

we had a HV visit us once and said we would be getting regular visits from her - not heard from her since.When i phoned the number on the card she left me I was told she had been relocated and they weren't sure if anyone would be allocated to take over her area. she said HV had all been given bigger areas to cover so very unlikely there would be time to visit us or any settings as dealing with safeguarding lots more now

• Like 1

we had a HV visit us once and said we would be getting regular visits from her - not heard from her since.When i phoned the number on the card she left me I was told she had been relocated and they weren't sure if anyone would be allocated to take over her area. she said HV had all been given bigger areas to cover so very unlikely there would be time to visit us or any settings as dealing with safeguarding lots more now

Same story as us- she turned up out of the blue about 6 years ago saying that was the first of regular visits from her- not seen her since! (Well I did see her shopping in Tesco's one weekend.. :lol: :lol: )

As for this fantastic 'integrated 2 year check' - that one is beyond a joke in our area. So much for working together.

• Like 1

I would say be proactive and it will need lots of persistence and pestering on your behalf. Make the calls and have conversations.

Offer to support them or share their information with parents. Ask for secure email to be set up so you can share relevant two year checks with them. For those parents who can never make their checks with the HV offer to facilitate at the setting, anything and everything is worth a try :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)