Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

I watched a actually found it quite disturbing. All the men looked like pretty normal clothes wise - jeans and polos etc, nothing that would stand out as different, yet them women all stood out like a sore thumb?   It made me want to research more, the girl mentioned High School, so I guess once they reach 11+ they are taught outside the village? 

Yes, there's a community college nearby.   The children, mainly the girls do "stand out" it has to be said, even if in more mainstream clothing, they all wear a head scarf covering which rather singles them out if you bump into them in Sainsburys say, but used to it now - I hadn't realised it was a world wide community though.

4 hours ago, louby loo said:

And a question for Sunnyday if you're around - 

Have you had the email with the update EYA ? (preschool alliance)   If so have you manage to find the policies updates page?    

I had the correct page saved as a favourite and it used to take me straight where I wanted,   now all I can find is that 'you have made purchases'😭

The old link I used is no longer working.  Thankfully I printed off a few pages of updates last week, so hopefully I'm pretty up to date.

Log into your account, then go to shop and scroll down to downloads.  Click on downloads and it should take you through to a list of your purchases that have updates.  Give me a shout if this doesn’t work xx 

• Like 1

Oh my word I am so behind with everything on this thread!

Panders I will have a look at that when my feet next touch the ground 🤣 sounds like we have some sort 'Amish' thing going on

Young Froglet - no idea re retention of domestic paperwork, if you find the answer do please share

Louby - what email from EYA - no I haven't had one, have you found what you need if not message me.....

36 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Log into your account, then go to shop and scroll down to downloads.  Click on downloads and it should take you through to a list of your purchases that have updates.  Give me a shout if this doesn’t work xx 

Have you done this since they updated the site?   (I received the email this morning). I am going to try it now again though.

Nope just tried that, it's not showing that I've bought the book just it's available to buy! 

33 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Louby - what email from EYA - no I haven't had one, have you found what you need if not message me.....

I had an email this morning.  Think it might be a phone call to the EYA,  I shall give it a day or two to sort itself out first though.  Luckily I did check for any updates Friday so I'm not to panicky at the moment.

This was the content  of  email..  (it was a legit email correctly addressed to me by name etc)

We understand that you are currently registered with us. This means that you may have joined us as a member/ purchased an Alliance publication or insurance product/ signed up for a free download, or joined a free Alliance connect event or workshop.

We are always looking at ways to improve our support to you and are delighted to share news that our new customer-focused, self-service EYA portal ‘goes live’ today.

To ensure that you continue to receive access to a range of high-quality support from us, it is important that you pre-register on the portal. 

It’s easy. Simply click on the link below* and set-up your new username and password. You then gain immediate access to the new portal and your 'My EYA' area. 

*Please note that this is a unique link and will only work with your registered email address. You must use this link to complete the pre-registration process.

On 16/08/2020 at 18:55, Panders said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00071xr/inside-the-bruderhof

Anyone else seen this programme? its about the community in Robertsbridge area of Kent whose people make the Community Playthings furniture and toys.   You do briefly see the workshops, but predominately it about the people who live there and their beliefs.

I found that absolutely fascinating - thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

Have you done this since they updated the site?   (I received the email this morning). I am going to try it now again though.

Nope just tried that, it's not showing that I've bought the book just it's available to buy! 

Just received my email from them and registered so going to try now!

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Just received my email from them and registered so going to try now!

I wonder why I haven't had that email - are you currently a member, I'm not, I let my membership lapse ages ago because I didn't feel I was getting anything for the money

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I wonder why I haven't had that email - are you currently a member, I'm not, I let my membership lapse ages ago because I didn't feel I was getting anything for the money

Yes currently a member as our insurance is with them xx

• Like 1

On 17/08/2020 at 20:55, sunnyday said:

I only had one today, if I hadn’t seen it on here about reregistering to log in I would have ignored it....I also feel we get nothing for our membership but when I’ve looked into other insurance theirs still comes out less with the added membership fee.

• Like 1

Spooky goings on here

I could hear a small child repeatedly saying in a really sad little voice "Hello", "Hello", "Hello" - went to investigate, no child to be seen, thought 'that is coming from neighbours but I know they are out' - hmm, what to do......

It was coming from my neighbours, it wasn't a small child it was a big........cat with a mouse in it's mouth🤦‍♀️🤣

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Spooky goings on here

I could hear a small child repeatedly saying in a really sad little voice "Hello", "Hello", "Hello" - went to investigate, no child to be seen, thought 'that is coming from neighbours but I know they are out' - hmm, what to do......

It was coming from my neighbours, it wasn't a small child it was a big........cat with a mouse in it's mouth🤦‍♀️🤣

No not funny! 😭   We have been adopted by the cat up the road.... every day he bring us gifts- I soooooooo know that 'hello, hello, hello' call!

I have a very pretty little (self-imposed) house cat, and I think Jimbob from up the road is in luuurrvve with her! 😭😭😭😭

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, louby loo said:

No not funny! 😭   We have been adopted by the cat up the road.... every day he bring us gifts- I soooooooo know that 'hello, hello, hello' call!

I have a very pretty little (self-imposed) house cat, and I think Jimbob from up the road is in luuurrvve with her! 😭😭😭😭

😮🤣 is his name really 'Jimbob' - if so I love it

My neighbours cats x 3 all have names like coco, lula etc - I have no idea which is which 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunnyday said:

😮🤣 is his name really 'Jimbob' - if so I love it

My neighbours cats x 3 all have names like coco, lula etc - I have no idea which is which 

Well officially it's Jimmy, but we call him Jimbob as it suits him better.  😁  

He refuses to live with the owners, and they [owners] say we can have him as they've given up on trying to keep him indoors,  and got a dog instead !😮 Trouble is we don't really want him :(.  He is very friendly,  but my cat's not that keen on him, it's a difficult situation as he is very much an outdoor cat, it's fine at the moment as the weather is not to bad- but come the winter we may have to rehome him to a shelter.... in the mean time he brings us the daily gifts. I guess if our cat accepts him we'll end up keeping him though- but I really don't want another cat!      

He has just come in while I've been typing this and eaten our cat food 🤣

Note: I have made the owners sound mean, but they're not really-they are just a bit naive .... They are the only young couple in a road of 'oldies', they have twin children aged around 3-4,  and the cat just seems to like 'quiet people' hence coming to us, also to our very elderly next door neighbour who feeds all kind of wildlife. The cat owner seem to think that as the cat likes the outdoors he can just happily live down our end of the road and drift between us and next door!  

He is the most loving and docile cat I've ever met, but he doesn't really like being with more than two people at any time- he would make an excellent 'company' cat for the right person/couple.   Any takers? I will deliver! 

• Like 2

BEST Friday ever tomorrow. After 11 weeks in hospital and a rollercoaster ride of end of life visits and experiencing every emotion on a daily basis, my strong willed, gorgeous Dad is finally coming home tomorrow.  None of us know how long for or what is coming next, but are just going to treat each day as a bonus.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, zigzag said:

BEST Friday ever tomorrow. After 11 weeks in hospital and a rollercoaster ride of end of life visits and experiencing every emotion on a daily basis, my strong willed, gorgeous Dad is finally coming home tomorrow.  None of us know how long for or what is coming next, but are just going to treat each day as a bonus.

Such good news zigzag, I am so pleased to read this xxx

• Like 2

How lovely is this

I posted lots of info out to my families this week - have had an email from one of my returners

'I told xxxxx that I had a letter from you and that when she goes back to pre-school she will be such a big girl that I will leave her at the door and she will go in without me, she was dancing around with excitement, wanted to see the letter and has gone off 'reading it'

That is so encouraging 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

How lovely is this

I posted lots of info out to my families this week - have had an email from one of my returners

'I told xxxxx that I had a letter from you and that when she goes back to pre-school she will be such a big girl that I will leave her at the door and she will go in without me, she was dancing around with excitement, wanted to see the letter and has gone off 'reading it'

That is so encouraging 

I think we may be surprised by just how resilient these children are.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zigzag said:

So please for you and your family :) 

• Like 1