Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Two weeks that seems like a month.

I haven't left the house for over a week- not even to for a walk.  I am easily able to occupy myself, but keep wanting to go out for a drive :/

I've had a go at making face masks- but I'm not really sure if they  [homemade] are really necessary, and feel they just give a false sense of security.   

• Like 1

I have managed a walk everyday, just in our own little field - would love to be out and about in the village but can't risk it

At some point I will have to go up to my setting - I need the files that contain addresses and funding forms - I will drive and if there is anyone else around I won't get out until they have gone - might do it 'under the cover of darkness'

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I have managed a walk everyday, just in our own little field - would love to be out and about in the village but can't risk it

At some point I will have to go up to my setting - I need the files that contain addresses and funding forms - I will drive and if there is anyone else around I won't get out until they have gone - might do it 'under the cover of darkness'

Fortunately I brought the 'important folder' home on last day. xxx

7 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Fortunately I brought the 'important folder' home on last day. xxx

I am 'a bear of little brain' - think that I was just so stressed and trying so hard not to let it show that all sensible thoughts went 'out the window'

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

I would be lost if I couldn’t get out for a walk each day and very very blessed that we are so rural. 

My not going out is pure choice, and lucky to have plenty of rural walks if I wanted :).  I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for people in built-up /tower blocks etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

My not going out is pure choice, and lucky to have plenty of rural walks if I wanted :).  I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for people in built-up /tower blocks etc.

i keep thinking of one of my parents ..high rise block of flats no outside space /single mum two boys 10 and 4....:(

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

i keep thinking of one of my parents ..high rise block of flats no outside space /single mum two boys 10 and 4....:(

I have some families in similar situations. I’ve been in school this week so although it’s been a much more limited field I haven’t experienced the full effects of staying at home. I confess to being a little apprehensive.

However, I am currently celebrating the fact that I’m officially on holiday so have taken the rare decision to come downstairs in my pjs. I’m planning a school free day,  reading, crochet (I’m working on a spring scene to put in my window to make people smile as they go past) and some serious cleaning. That is completely different to the frivolous kind I usually do.

I also have a packet of pastry in the fridge so sm contemplating making a Bakewell tart!

• Like 1

Also just to make you smile a photo of my youngest niece (I do have permission to share) dressed very appropriately for a freezing cold March morning. My talented, lovely sister-in-law took the photo and added the rainbow and message. The rest is as it was!

CF198140-649D-440C-8482-44F36E099945.jpeg

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

Also just to make you smile a photo of my youngest niece (I do have permission to share) dressed very appropriately for a freezing cold March morning. My talented, lovely sister-in-law took the photo and added the rainbow and message. The rest is as it was!

CF198140-649D-440C-8482-44F36E099945.jpeg

I love that..could we share to a wider audience...? i'm trying to be more uplifting this week to my families as i feel they are getting a bit 'bogged' down:(

17 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

I love that..could we share to a wider audience...? i'm trying to be more uplifting this week to my families as i feel they are getting a bit 'bogged' down:(

I’ll ask. She’s a graphic designer by trade but does take stunning photos - you should see the ones of their dog!

Edited by Froglet
  • Thanks 1

Oldest grandson has had a message to say that he will not be expected to pay rent for his room in Uni halls, he needs to complete a form and might need to send keys back, apparently they will keep his belongings safe and then as and when restrictions are lifted he will need to make an appointment to collect them 

• Like 2

Had to give myself a stern talking to this morning - I was finding it so difficult to get motivated.....

I have now completed 5 x laps of our little field - this equates to roughly one mile

Have prepped this evening's dinner - I am cooking Roast chicken with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, leeks, swede, brussels, carrots and roast parsnips

Have contacted all of my parents

I am now off to vacuum downstairs and mop all hard floors......

Think that when I have finished that I will reward myself with a cuppa and my book:) 

• Like 4

Sunnyday, I know that feeling.  I find it weird being 'officially' on holiday when I was in school for reduced hours last week but not in school the week before.  I did the stern talking to myself too and so far it's worked.  A decent amount of tidying done, I completed my NSPCC online safer recruitment training and I haven't done any crochet... yet!  Your tea sounds delicious and I like it's potential for good soup and bubble and squeak!

I have decided that I probably need to create myself a sort of timetable to get through the 'not in school' weeks or I won't achieve anything.  However, I'm also trying to remind myself that I've just finished a term with more than the usual challenges in it and it's ok to feel tired and like I need a nap!

Take care of yourselves!

• Like 3

Dinner sounds great sunnyday, what time do you want us? I’ll bring a bottle 🍷 

Sent a Tap message to each child this morning, added a few Easter activities, messaged staff, they were furloughed last week so seemed a bit odd wishing them a good Easter break, feeling a bit like I’m flying solo now 😕

Also cleaned windows inside and out and now having an FSF catch up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Dinner sounds great sunnyday, what time do you want us? I’ll bring a bottle 🍷 

Sent a Tap message to each child this morning, added a few Easter activities, messaged staff, they were furloughed last week so seemed a bit odd wishing them a good Easter break, feeling a bit like I’m flying solo now 😕

Also cleaned windows inside and out and now having an FSF catch up.

I wish that you could join us Mousie you would be made very welcome :)

Well done on the window cleaning!

i would urge everyone to make sure they have had contact with all of their families recently. I was getting concerned about one of our families and have found out this morning that i was right to be worried:( The incidents of domestic violence have rocketed 

on a lighter note i can supply some red velvet cake for pudding!

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, finleysmaid said:

i would urge everyone to make sure they have had contact with all of their families recently. I was getting concerned about one of our families and have found out this morning that i was right to be worried:( The incidents of domestic violence have rocketed 

on a lighter note i can supply some red velvet cake for pudding!

Oh gosh fm I am so sorry to hear that

red velvet cake sounds wonderful

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well I had a highly motivated day yesterday - and prepped all the meals for the week. O.o, which on one hand was good- but on the other hand I now do not have to spend time in my very busy day thinking about what to cook!

One of today's jobs is planning what I will eat for the rest of the week.  I'm eating mostly out the freezer though so will probably only need to shop for a bit of milk and some fresh fruit/veg.  I have some overripe pears which are not good to eat as they are but an American friend just told me about pear butter so I'm going to experiment with that.  I think tomorrow's TDL might have clean the fridge on it as I suspect there are some unused joys in there that I need to do something with!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Froglet said:

One of today's jobs is planning what I will eat for the rest of the week.  I'm eating mostly out the freezer though so will probably only need to shop for a bit of milk and some fresh fruit/veg.  I have some overripe pears which are not good to eat as they are but an American friend just told me about pear butter so I'm going to experiment with that.  I think tomorrow's TDL might have clean the fridge on it as I suspect there are some unused joys in there that I need to do something with!

I'm a little gutted as my food processor died a death yesterday mid use (making coleslaw :(). Not a problem I thought- I'll get a new one (it was 15-20 years old) I can't get one! All the ones I want are sold out :o!!

I guess now I know why everyone was buying up all the flour!!

NOTE.... has anyone else's font changed?......... or maybe I've pressed something.:/

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I have decided that I probably need to create myself a sort of timetable to get through the 'not in school' weeks or I won't achieve anything.  However, I'm also trying to remind myself that I've just finished a term with more than the usual challenges in it and it's ok to feel tired and like I need a nap!

Take care of yourselves!

I am thinking that I need a TDL to keep me focused xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

Well I had a highly motivated day yesterday - and prepped all the meals for the week. O.o, which on one hand was good- but on the other hand I now do not have to spend time in my very busy day thinking about what to cook!

said to my sister this week that ive turned in to my mum as i start the day with "now ...what are we having for dinner tonight?!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm a little gutted as my food processor died a death yesterday mid use (making coleslaw :(). Not a problem I thought- I'll get a new one (it was 15-20 years old) I can't get one! All the ones I want are sold out :o!!

I guess now I know why everyone was buying up all the flour!!

NOTE.... has anyone else's font changed?......... or maybe I've pressed something.:/

oh dear which ones are you looking for?

I had to order a 16kg bag of flour so that i could get some!!! don't worry i'll share it out:D either that or the freezer is going to be VERY full!

8 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

oh dear which ones are you looking for?

I had to order a 16kg bag of flour so that i could get some!!! don't worry i'll share it out:D either that or the freezer is going to be VERY full!

I too had to order 16 kG of bread flour but am baking so much am getting through it.