Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

8 hours ago, Hopscotch101 said:

This thread - minus the funding/term length discussion, and have only looked at the end - is so brighting up my evening! Hope I will remember it for next Friday after the first of these strange weeks...

'Wave'  Hi, just post random happy  thoughts...I'm pretty sure that what most of us do!  xD

Well I'm getting 50 thousand video calls every day .......... I'm seeing more of the little one than in a normal week! xDxD

I think my daughter find in the lock in more difficult than me.

I've leant today my Facebook skills need upgrading- after asking parents to post pictures of their 'makes' today I find my security doesn't allow this :/

• Haha 2

Have been trying to get through to Sainsburys helpline - need to register as 'vulnerable' and hopefully secure an online slot (vulnerable in that Mr S is high risk so we are both self-isolating) I shopped online with them for years - all a bit frustrating.....

On a brighter note - my daughter in law and I ordered a huge fruit and veg box from a local supplier and split the contents according to need and taste :) I am delighted with this - I cook for my lovely elderly mother in law so will have some lovely veg to add to tomorrows shepherds pie :)

Hope everyone is okay x

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Have been trying to get through to Sainsburys helpline - need to register as 'vulnerable' and hopefully secure an online slot (vulnerable in that Mr S is high risk so we are both self-isolating) I shopped online with them for years - all a bit frustrating.....

My neighbour was contacted this afternoon by Sainsburys and offered a spot for Thursday, so don't give up hope yet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Thanks louby :)

Keep checking the sites.

I just went on Tesco site to see if I could get a slot for next week or week after - but I could only get one this Friday !  They must release a few more each day? There was nothing for the next two weeks,  just this Friday. :/

• Like 1

Yay! I am 'sorted' thanks to my brilliant sister!

Frustrated with trying to get through on Sainsburys helpline, she found out the name of our local store manager and took a punt that his email address would be forename.surname@sainsbury.co etc etc  - she's a smart cookie and also like a dog with a bone! xD

Suffice it to say I now have a delivery booked for Friday - whoop! whoop!

• Like 4

It's Friday - can't believe that this time last week we were still at work and feeling so sad to be closing up - that feels like so much longer ago to me...….

I wonder when we will re-open - September I suppose - how sad for our leavers if that is the case

Hope the weekend is kind to all :)

• Like 1

Even Monday seems a lifetime ago O.o

If possible we are hoping to have a celebration picnic in the park for our leavers at the end of August/ beg September.

Originally I thought we would be back by the May half term at the latest, but one week down the line I'm not so sure now :(

• Like 2

Im thinking we may get a half term in between june10th and july finish. (so about 6 weeks) i hope so and then back to normal for september?? or is that being too hopeful? otherwise i did wonder if the government might try to get us to stay open for some of the holidays to catch up as it were.?

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Im thinking we may get a half term in between june10th and july finish. (so about 6 weeks) i hope so and then back to normal for september?? or is that being too hopeful? otherwise i did wonder if the government might try to get us to stay open for some of the holidays to catch up as it were.?

My original thought was that we might start back in June - not so sure now :(

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, louby loo said:

Originally I thought we would be back by the May half term at the latest, but one week down the line I'm not so sure now :(

18 hours ago, sunnyday said:

My original thought was that we might start back in June - not so sure now :(

My heart was saying we’d get back before the end of the school year, my head is now saying “don’t be b***y stupid” 😔 🤞

• Sad 2

44 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Yes, we did too. Blue skies again now ..

Since my last 'weather watch' postxD we have had hail and then a real 'swirling-whirling snowstorm' and now we have beautiful blue skies - oh well it all breaks up the monotony of this self-isolating business xD

(note to self: when this is all over, never take freedom of choice for granted ever again)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Since my last 'weather watch' postxD we have had hail and then a real 'swirling-whirling snowstorm' and now we have beautiful blue skies - oh well it all breaks up the monotony of this self-isolating business xD

(note to self: when this is all over, never take freedom of choice for granted ever again)

Snow again!!!

Hi all

Thought I would share news of my day so far - it's riveting stuff xD

TV firmly switched off - watched breakfast news and that's enough - will tune in for the daily update - but really far better I think to stop watching rolling news

Ironing done

Finished my book - I have been reading the Stillhouse series by Rachel Caine - have read first two and downloaded the third - really good but I think that I have had enough of blood, guts and gore for now so I'm looking for something much lighter - recommendations appreciated :)

Bathroom, downstairs loo and kitchen cleaned

Have been out for a walk - can only walk in the little field behind our house as Mr S is 'social shielding' being in the highest risk category - would love to venture out into the village but it doesn't feel worth it really - anyway a few laps of the field, some sun to build up my vitamin d feels good :)

Have sorted out some domestic paperwork

Log burner prepped for lighting later

Washing out - perfect drying day here

There I told you it was riveting!xD

Think that I might start to write an account of this time, might be interesting to look back on at some point 

What have you all been up to?

Keep safe and well all x

I'm having my worst day so far :/

Not actually achieved much other than getting out of bed and getting dressed.  I have refused to have anything virus related on TV,  so Netflix in background.

I not really in a depressed anxious way, more of a just can't be bothered.

I've not actually left the house since Friday. Maybe I should go for a walk, but not sure where, we have a few walks around here- but I always feel I need a dog.

Yesterday was a good day in the end. I got lot's of 'bits' done.

My mind's playing tricks- and I keep thinking what it we wake up Wednesday morning  (April Fool's Day) and someone say's thing was all one big joke. :(

Well louby- I'm not sure if I would mind that too much- Not if it meant we could all  go back to normal!

Just finished making a little photo album for my grandaughter- will have to post it to her though. She's taking a photo a day of something she sees when out on her daily walk.

• Like 1