Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

We always start back as soon as possible in September so we can finish early. Our parents are fantastic- but we do sometimes get 'why are you finishing in line with the schools, then we could have more time for shopping etc'. I always reply very firmly that I like my staff to have a few days to prepare before the schools break up!!   I should add we have very few working parents- most just do Gym and coffee during their child free hours. o.O

AND we have our party during funded hours - well the whole thing is a learning experience!!  Covers all the areas of learning xD

Edited by louby loo

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

We always start back as soon as possible in September so we can finish early. Our parents are fantastic- but we do sometimes get 'why are you finishing in line with the schools, then we could have more time for shopping etc'. I always reply very firmly that I like my staff to have a few days to prepare before the schools break up!!   I should add we have very few working parents- most just do Gym and coffee during their child free hours. o.O

AND we have our party during funded hours - well the whole thing is a learning experience!!  Covers all the areas of learning xD

We are having our party within funded hours this year too, first time we have done this and I have a horrible niggling guilty feeling about this, so I am really pleased to read your post

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

We are having our party within funded hours this year too, first time we have done this and I have a horrible niggling guilty feeling about this, so I am really pleased to read your post

29 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I feel no guilt whatsoever xD

Mark it under planning as CULTURAL CAPITALxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

OOH im a little bit tired...nativity and christmas fair all done! got everyone on stage and all did brilliantly....... happy practitioner smile:D

Well done :)

We don't do a nativity, we do singing. The only problem is we truly have our worst ever singers this year :oO.o

• Haha 2

Our party is in funded hours as well. Always  is and no one he’s ever queried it!  We are not doing a nativity this year, we have such a small, young group it would be so unfair on them.  There are none that we could rely on to pull it off so decided to be brave and say no to a nativity!  I feel like I am crawling to the holidays, I am so tired and just cannot shake off my cold and cold sore virus, it’s making everything seem like a slog! I hate feeling like this it really irritates me!

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Our party is in funded hours as well. Always  is and no one he’s ever queried it!  We are not doing a nativity this year, we have such a small, young group it would be so unfair on them.  There are none that we could rely on to pull it off so decided to be brave and say no to a nativity!  I feel like I am crawling to the holidays, I am so tired and just cannot shake off my cold and cold sore virus, it’s making everything seem like a slog! I hate feeling like this it really irritates me!

Feel better soon dear zigzag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

They really are quite beautiful.

I'm getting a little excited I'm getting a pink one in around three weeks :D:D  (not actually me I should add!!!O.o

xxx

You will just love the grandparenting lark- it is the best thing ever :)

• Like 3

On 07/12/2019 at 13:48, zigzag said:

My Grand Nieces, one week old yesterday and doing so well that they went home.  Just wish they didn’t live in Kent!

F658C9F3-6A7D-4303-9343-A8C74E1EE714.jpeg

they are so beautiful - what are their names and how much did they weigh? (or have I missed all that?)

13 hours ago, blondie said:

they are so beautiful - what are their names and how much did they weigh? (or have I missed all that?)

Elodie and Amelie and they weighed in at 6lbs9 and 6lbs!  I cannot wait to meet them for a cuddle. It’s at times like this I wish we didn’t live so far away!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zigzag said:

Elodie and Amelie and they weighed in at 6lbs9 and 6lbs!  I cannot wait to meet them for a cuddle. It’s at times like this I wish we didn’t live so far away!

Can't quite believe this - I had never heard of the name Elodie before -  but my son and his partner are calling their little one Elodie!    She goes in some time tomorrow to be induced - will catch up everyone later in the week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Panders said:

Can't quite believe this - I had never heard of the name Elodie before -  but my son and his partner are calling their little one Elodie!    She goes in some time tomorrow to be induced - will catch up everyone later in the week.

Oh exciting news - hope all goes well for her :)

🤪🤪🥳🥳😀😀So happy to have broken up today.  (Sorry to all those that don’t break up until next week). Urgently needing this break as was slowly losing my sanity, hopefully can recharge the batteries and find motivation and enthusiasm before January.  Father Christmas landed on the school field in one of the huge Navy helicopters from the local base today.  Sadly due to weather conditions it was late and all the pre-school children had gone home!  But us staff enjoyed it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well I'm done until the New Year...:)

Just in from an incredibly boozy lunch (lovely country pub owned by ex-parent.. they may have supplied extra wine :o:D:D), only problem is I now have to out again this evening for another Christmas meal with husbands 'do' O.o:oxD.

Not to mention a full afternoon tea Monday :$

xx

• Like 2
  • Haha 1