Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Hubby away seeing his mum tonight and daughter going out so all my my own (well apart from the dogs and the cat!!!) . Local school has decided it might like to do Tapestry...am feeling conflicted by this! It will make life easier to transfer info but it's OUR thing!!! and i feel they are encroaching on everything we do at the moment, also i am fairly open about my thoughts on here...might have to reign it in a bit if they join:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: Been a really busy week, three new very young starters (the youngest ones we take) i realise why we don't take any more when they are in the setting!O.o  We are definitely at the point of needing more hands on the floor in the mornings ...three high needs SEND and lots of EAL as well as the 2 year olds is taking it toll. I seem to have a group who are not toilet trained /have NO independence skills and can't make eye contact for toffee..is it just me or is this the trend for the year?

I did have a breakthrough moment today though where one of my tricky ones(!) had a melt down and we managed to work through it....she ended up saying sorry to me (unsolicited) ..it was VERY sweet ..nearly made me cry:)   Good news is that this group seems to be in to their singing though which is fantastic ...nativity looming:DxD

• Like 5

Zigzag, I hope shingles pass you by.  Sunnyday, I really hope Mr S is better soon.

For me, let's just say it has been a week with challenges and right now I have no voice at all and a TDL for the weekend that will take hours.  I am emergency babysitting for a friend in about an hour and eating Mexican bean soup with lime chicken for tea!

Like FM I did have a truly special day with one of my SEND children yesterday - lots and lots of positives one after the other; it brought a happy tear to my eye!

• Like 2

Happy Friday everyone!  Right now I am just waking up from a carpet nap.  Am about to get a headstart on this weekend's TDL.  I need to try to make my brother-in-law's birthday present tomorrow (a selection of different types of shortbread - I'm going a-googling for recipes).  On Sunday we're going down to see my sister's orchestra play their annual family concert which is always really good fun.  She's doing a slow cooker tea for us after.

In between times lots and lots of work.  I am still trying to recover from the cough/cold I've had for the last 6 weeks.

How's Mr S Sunnyday?

• Like 1

A mostly good week! Had to reduce my deputy’s hours due to her current mental health, hoping the reduced hours will keep her working without too much pressure. This however means I am now solely responsible for 14 learning journeys! We also have only three weeks until we break up so need to get cracking with all things Christmas next week, so have been getting my head round that.  Not had any time to do admin and have just been popping post, receipts etc in the draw and was a bit surprised how much has built up.  I am going to have to go in on our closed day to catch up!  Us staff have organised a coffee morning and sale tomorrow morning, so looking forward to that and will hopefully raise a little money!  Really feeling the pressure at the moment and cannot wait for the end of term.  Christmas is the only holiday where I do nothing for work and don’t even respond to email or messages and shut work off completely.  Have a good weekend all.

22 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Had to share, we raised £348 this morning with our little coffee morning! I am gobsmacked 😶 

Brilliant - you must be so pleased :)

I'm just back from my lunch date - had a lovely time, lots of laughing...…...praying that nobody decides to visit now as I have changed into my pyjamas :ph34r:xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Please tell me it's friday already:ph34r:

Started this morning with a very ill Dog and an emergency trip to the vets ...came out £450 lighter and two hours of sleep lost (but the dog seems ok O.o9_9)

Member of staff off all week having a nasty procedure in hospital:( so staff team short.

Some very tired and grumpy children who have obviously done way too much over the weekend (seperated parents competing>:() one chidl very rude to me whilst i was showing a new parent around....GREAT! fortunately she was polite enough not to notice!

THEN to top it all turned around to find one of my SEND charges spreading poo ALL over the home corner...ARRRGGGHHHHHH. He made a really good job of it too :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

...roll on tomorrow:bananas:

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh fm what a flippin' nightmare all round

Hope today was better?

Thank you Yes much better...jsut as well really:D

Although i did have a prospective parent come in....ever get one of those children through the door that you take one look at and think...OH BOY!!

• Haha 3

On 26/11/2019 at 20:57, finleysmaid said:

Thank you Yes much better...jsut as well really:D

Although i did have a prospective parent come in....ever get one of those children through the door that you take one look at and think...OH BOY!!

I Don really show people round but I recognise the ‘look’ from the head as she is!

Busy, busy busy week! 

Quite a bit of bad practise by me this week :o.  Christmas is the only time 'activity encourage' all the children do certain crafts etc.  As I'm not a fan of this practise I like to get it over and done with as quickly as possible- and I one point it was like a factory xDxD

Actually I have to add the children seemed to love it all- and at one point they 'self-queued' for hand printing ................ maybe that's just British Values for you!xDxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have had a stinking cold this week and now have cold sores! Been a bit of a slog to keep going if I’m honest.  However we had five off poorly today so we took advantage and went to the farm to see the animals and have an ice cream.  As for once it wasn’t raining!  We too have been doing the fluffy duck Xmas activities!😬 Only time of year we do this but as Louby said the kids loved it😆Only two weeks left now🤪

My niece has given birth to twins today, bit of a long story but all seems well. Haven’t seen pictures or know names yet as she had to have a general so she hadn’t seen them. Just so happy all is ok as there was some worry around twin two!

Edited by zigzag
Instead of duck it spelt something else😵🤭
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Wish I had read before your edit zigzag xD

Thank god I realised as soon as it had posted! I would have been mortified!😵

18 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

URMMMM how come people have only got 2 weeks left! we've still got 3 and a half!!!

We went back a week early in September! 

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

URMMMM how come people have only got 2 weeks left! we've still got 3 and a half!!!

Oh I don't know fm - we have two weeks and two days to go - we break up Tuesday 17th

Have you really got three and half weeks to go - what is your end of term date - Christmas day? :ph34r::oxD

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Oh I don't know fm - we have two weeks and two days to go - we break up Tuesday 17th

Have you really got three and half weeks to go - what is your end of term date - Christmas day? :ph34r::oxD

Well we are 2 weeks and 2 days really but Tues is party day, we also started on the Wed so just did 14 of each day.

Think you might need to recheck the calendar and then panic FM O.o

• Like 1