Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Another week done!  I don't like being half-way through the holiday!  I need to do a little bit on the school TDL today including making a plan to try and keep things under control during the next manic term.  Mum and Dad are coming over this afternoon to help me do a little garden clearing and take some things to the tip for me.

However, my back is in agony!  It 'went' a few weeks ago and I thought it was getting better but no... last night I couldn't even move from lying to sitting in bed without turning over and today it hurts to do anything - despite two lots of painkillers so far!  I'm just going to keep moving to see if that frees things up a bit.

30 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Another week done!  I don't like being half-way through the holiday!  I need to do a little bit on the school TDL today including making a plan to try and keep things under control during the next manic term.  Mum and Dad are coming over this afternoon to help me do a little garden clearing and take some things to the tip for me.

However, my back is in agony!  It 'went' a few weeks ago and I thought it was getting better but no... last night I couldn't even move from lying to sitting in bed without turning over and today it hurts to do anything - despite two lots of painkillers so far!  I'm just going to keep moving to see if that frees things up a bit.

Take care of your back.   I think 'keep moving' is often the answer, that said have you been to the Drs to check it out? (just in case you shouldn't be moving it)

Scary how quick the holiday is going, we only have 11 weeks next term :o as we have one week added to the spring term and our LA is only funding a 12 week summer term! I've just been working on the registers and we only have 3 Mondays before half term.:/.     We seem to have already started our 'wild summer term' during the spring term- so to be honest I'm glad it only a short one.

xx

• Like 1

I think keep moving is usually the answer too.  I haven't been to the doctors yet but as it's getting worse not better I'm planning to try to go on Monday (appointments at my surgery are something of a tricky thing!).  Given that I'm finding it hard to dress myself, I think it merits a visit!

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

(appointments at my surgery are something of a tricky thing!).  

Well I have to say you seem to be lucky with your Drs if it's just tricky! ................ with ours you usually have a six week wait - at the moment the earliest available are 22nd May :o.   Unless you have ninja type negotiating skills which can get you seen earlier.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

It's a while since I've been but ours don't really seem to book appointments - you have to book on the day while means being on hold from 8.00am to 'maybe' get something that day.

if you can get a recommendation for a local osteopath I would recommend it. The doctors often don't have the time to sort out the problem only to give you drugs for the pain. I went a couple of years ago and it was the most brilliant thing ever!!!!!

52 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

if you can get a recommendation for a local osteopath I would recommend it. The doctors often don't have the time to sort out the problem only to give you drugs for the pain. I went a couple of years ago and it was the most brilliant thing ever!!!!!

My dad has given me a name of an osteopath he used years ago so I did think I might see if he's still around.  I've helped clear the garden this afternoon and the movement has freed my back up a bit but I clearly need to resolve the problem!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Froglet said:

I think keep moving is usually the answer too.  I haven't been to the doctors yet but as it's getting worse not better I'm planning to try to go on Monday (appointments at my surgery are something of a tricky thing!).  Given that I'm finding it hard to dress myself, I think it merits a visit!

Ouch poor you - hope that you can get an appointment, would second FM's advice re an osteopath 

We have had a fabulous day here - looked after our two youngest grandchildren from early morning to mid afternoon - they are an absolute delight, I often wonder what we did to deserve them :) must have been something really good :D

Then we settled down to watch 'A Star is Born' which was one of my Mother's day gifts - it was wonderful, I need to track down the version from the seventies with Kris Kristofferson and Barbara Streisand now I know that I loved it when I saw it way back then

Mr S has just gone to get a take out for tea, might open a bottle of something to go with that :)

• Like 2

Have to say I am absolutely loving this holiday. Have been doing some lovely long dog walks and nothing much for work. Do need to have a day at work next week but then will switch off again.  Have had a house full this weekend, both sons girlfriends are staying, so trying to supply enough food to satisfy everyone and trying to ignore the long hairs everywhere!  But I do actually love seeing them both in a relationship and what they are like, I love that they both cooked a gorgeous breakfast for the girlfriends this morning but a bit miffe that I wasn’t offered!  Off out tomorrow to do a bit of shopping and lunch out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

>:( Having designated today as my 'work day' my flippin' printer is throwing a hissy fit again - so frustrating......

Don't get me started again........ my new printer is like the Starship Enterprise- and not much smaller I should add!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not around tomorrow as I'm travelling to Anglesey for a long weekend with family.  Consequently today is a marathon of cooking: lasagne, marmalade loaf cake, sticky onion and cheddar quiche, Easter biscuits and the one I'm most excited about - my first ever attempt at Danish pastries!  I was getting ridiculously excited about just rolling and folding the dough.  Fingers crossed that they actually work.

I have a couple of friends that I leave surprise Easter bunny presents for each year and this year the pastries are going to be it - as long as it's not a total disaster!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

yummy ! is the marmalade loaf cake the Sainsburys recipe??? very nice!!! have a great time

Not come across this one - mine is a BBC good food one with ginger in.  We decided as a family that rather than making puddings which we always end up with loads left over we would each make a cake.  It's my niece's 7th birthday today so she is bringing her birthday cake (at her request - lemon sponge with marzipan and icing!).  'Us kids' have finally managed to convince my mum that we can and do all cook so my sister and her husband are doing a proper Nepali meal one night, my brother and his wife are doing fajitas another night and my lasagne.  We are all naturally contingency planners though and conversations around what to take do give the impression that we're travelling to the middle of nowhere!

Now off to hunt up the Sainsburys marmalade loaf cake recipe - sounds like a good one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Froglet said:

I'm not around tomorrow as I'm travelling to Anglesey for a long weekend with family.  Consequently today is a marathon of cooking: lasagne, marmalade loaf cake, sticky onion and cheddar quiche, Easter biscuits and the one I'm most excited about - my first ever attempt at Danish pastries!  I was getting ridiculously excited about just rolling and folding the dough.  Fingers crossed that they actually work.

I have a couple of friends that I leave surprise Easter bunny presents for each year and this year the pastries are going to be it - as long as it's not a total disaster!

All sounds just lovely (wish I had a friend who left me surprise Easter bunny presents)

Have a lovely trip :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panders said:

I'm in the middle of hot cross buns - anything could happen!   Have excellent bakers nearby just in case

Excellent - sure that they will be just scrummy

The nearest that I will get to 'baking' this weekend will be making new play-dough for our return to pre-school on Tuesday!xD 

• Haha 1