Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Wow zigzag that really is good news! I am impressed that a) your Parish Council are recognising the valuable work that you do and b) that your Parish Council have money to award - ours always seem to be 'potless'!

Hope the fireworks go with a bang!xD

We've had a funny old week again - one little boy has been having some toileting issues - I have been in and out of the loo with him all week :o however, I think we have turned a corner today - hope so anyway! :)

Determined to finish all preschool work this afternoon/evening and then switch off for the weekend. Lunch with friends tomorrow - really looking forward to that and then our youngest two grandchildren are coming for the day on Sunday - they have just had a week away in Norfolk so will be especially lovely to see them:)

Hope everyone has a really good weekend :)

• Like 3

Well I think it’s safe to say last night was a huge success!  Our lucky squares draw raised £500 and then the organisers of the event donated all £710 of the admission money to us! 😮 As you can imagine this is a MASSIVE boost for a small pre-school like ours😁

• Like 4

So here we are again - it's Friday!:)

We've had a very good week at pre-school :) but I am absolutely shattered this afternoon - Mr S is home and we had planned to go out but I'm just too tired - had thought about the cinema to see 'A Star is Born' - but I know that I would just fall asleep....

Looking forward to a quiet evening and an early night - hopefully that will re-charge my batteries :D

Happy weekend everyone!

• Like 3

I’m with you on the shattered front Sunnyday - I realised how mad the last week had been when on Friday I was celebrating not getting up until 6am!

I made an executive decision to not bring home any of my much overdue marking this week. So today I’m just going to do the minimum of work then usual weekend stuff. Mostly though it’s a big cake baking weekend - a couple of friends are taking Y6 on their residential next week and I always make them a survival kit which consists of cake or fudge (or both), red bull and sachets of hot chocolate. I’m thinking Yorkshire parkin this year...

• Like 4

We had a day like that on Wednesday, I practically crawled home on my knees!  It took a lot of self restraint not to dive into a bottle of my husbands lovely homemade wine at 4pm! 

I had  a little work to do today, just adding parental input sheets and next steps to Tapestry. That’s it now for the weekend.  Just cooked two Christmas cakes that people have bought for charity auctions and the house smells amazing.  Just ours to cook now along with the Christmas puddings.  Looking forward to seeing my son parade in his smart Coastguard uniform tomorrow at the Remembrance Day parade in the village.  Proud Mum alert!

The weather seems to have finally calmed down here, it’s been truly awful so maybe might be able to get out and do something.  Have a great weekend all.🙂

• Like 3

So here we are again - it's Friday!:)

I have been out of my setting for two days this week - one day training and the other a visit to hospital with Mr S (he continues to be doing very well - touch wood) - I'm so fortunate to have such a good deputy that I can be 'out' and not give preschool a second thought :)

Seem to have a fairly extensive TDL :( so I think my plan for no weekend working will not happen this week - oh well - onwards and upwards!

Happy weekend all - hope that yours is filled with things that you enjoy :)

• Like 3

Been a hectic week here.....major incident in the village which meant the local schools and ourselves had to walk the children half a mile to the nearest 'exit' point for pick up....then we had to walk all the out of school club children back! they all though it was a big adventure of course and we've used it as an opportunity to write it up for the SEF!!! Then went out selling cakes to the community with the children for CIN and had already been to feed the ducks earlier in the week!! ah the advantages of having a smaller group......although i'm exhausted.

However i'm already starting to feel we're on that bandwagon to the big C but I have managed to secure a show for the beginning of December which we've teamed up with reception at school for . Really feeling like we might be forming some better relationships over there:P

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

However i'm already starting to feel we're on that bandwagon to the big C but I have managed to secure a show for the beginning of December which we've teamed up with reception at school for . Really feeling like we might be forming some better relationships over there:P

It is so good to hear that!

It has been a marginally quieter week for me although I am still so far behind with the marking.  Various staffing issues which need sorting and I know that the sorting isn't going to be popular!

Last night a friend who has been out of touch for a long time came round and we went out for a curry.  Really lovely evening with a long, much needed catch up.  Bed at 2am!  Today is work and cleaning and then tomorrow I'm going with mum and dad to watch my sister's orchestra play their annual family concert.  Mum and dad want to take us out for dinner after so that will be lovely.

• Like 2

Crikey - where did that week go - is it really Friday?

We have had a brilliant week - today was particularly brilliant - woohoo long may it last!:)

Working now to complete this weeks TDL - don't want anything left to do over the weekend

Off out with a group of old friends tomorrow - really looking forward to that:)

Hope everyone has a good weekend:)

This week has flown by!  Just starting to dabble in a little bit of Christmas now, as we break up on the 14th!  So need to get on with it.  Children much more settled this week and really think they are getting the whole pecking order sorted now which is improving the behaviour glitch!  Just updating learning journeys and then no more Pre-school for the weekend!  Have a good weekend all.

• Like 1

Hmmm - will need to check with Sue - do we have permission to use the c word yet?:o

14th  - that's a nice date to finish - we have Monday to make up - er can't remember why now - so we sort of finish on 18th but have our party 19th December - it's all going to fly by now!

Lovely week for us too. Helped by our local primary having a big assembly today = lots of our off today = my kinda Friday! 3 staff - 5 children :oxDxD

We finish the 14th too, which is also our party day.  

We've had to have a full on 'c' input this week, as we decorate a tree in our local church's tree festival and all stuff needs to be ready by the 6th. Some of the children only do a couple of sessions a week so we have to start earlyish  Which I am more than happy with to be honest. 

• Like 2

Please do discuss C********  - really missing the bustle and the planning.   Own house decorations are being planned like they haven't for a very long time, this will make my boys laugh so much, because they don't normally go up until they really really have to, but this year I ready and raring to go!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Hmmm - will need to check with Sue - do we have permission to use the c word yet?:o

Sunnyday, I am usually a firm believer in keep Christmas in December, but due to our early finish I have no choice🤣  Does feel a bit weird though, am now thinking I will have to put the decorations up soon otherwise it won’t be worth it!

• Like 2

We have had to use the C word at school as we are preparing our tree for a local church's C-tree festival and it needs to be ready for next Wednesday.  Have been using at home as well due to trying to sort out family arrangements.  Those have not been so much fun; some unhappy people around.  Right now I'm just letting my breakfast go down before embarking on the never ending TDL.  I really need to try and re-discover my living room floor this weekend!

• Like 1

Well I'm feeling very pleased with myself :D

Wanted to order a new fridge freezer from ao.com - same model cheaper at currys pc world but with a three week wait for delivery - so rang and asked them to price match and they have + I had a discount code from 'mumsnet' they have applied that too - so all in all I have saved 71.00 pounds - way to go - very happy with that! :D

Right must go and get ready for my outing with friends!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sunnyday said:

14th  - that's a nice date to finish - we have Monday to make up - er can't remember why now - so we sort of finish on 18th but have our party 19th December - it's all going to fly by now!

I think you're alright - she's had her invitation to the FSF Christmas party this week and she hasn't exploded xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 11:51, Rebecca said:

I think you're alright - she's had her invitation to the FSF Christmas party this week and she hasn't exploded xD

I only saw the invite for the Christmas party this morning as I was out of the office Friday xDxDxD

I have given the matter some serious thought and as as some of you are finishing early  I will permit the use of the word Christmas.

I would ask you to use the word with a small "C" until at least the 7th December and then you can go CHRISTMAS bonkers....this should placate the anti-Christmas committee xD:D

I look forward to seeing all your Christmas stuff that you are doing in your settings.....I have to say sitting at FSF HQ as I do  now I do miss the glitter frenzy that was working in a setting leading up to Christmas.  In order to have a place for you to share your pics I have started a new topic here 

Ok well after all that talk of Christmas I may have to go and have a lie down....I am not really feeling myself :D

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

Hahummm ….should I be the first to point out that you have broken your own rule 7 times in that previous post Sue:ph34r:O.o:D

I know!!!!!  as I said above  "Ok well after all that talk of Christmas I may have to go and have a lie down....I am not really feeling myself :D"

I am beginning to worry I am going a bit soft with old age xD:DxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Seriously don't know where this week has gone

Funny old week - we have some really feisty little girls this year - I seem to be playing referee more than I would like

We have now gone into full on Christmas mode! Christmas post-box made and our tree is up! Present making due to commence on Monday - this is the only time that I allow an element of 'fluffy duck' to creep in!

I have an extensive TDL - no chance of me getting away with no Preschool work this weekend - sure I will cope though

Hoping everyone has a good weekend

P.S. my 'smileys' have disappeared - wonder why - perhaps mine have been removed due to overuse!!!

• Like 3

The weeks are flying by!  I put the tree up on Wednesday and Eric the elf made mischief for the first time today, their little faces were a picture.  The travelling elf’s are also going home for their adventures overnight with the children.  Very busy time but am trying to resist the urge to work this weekend!

• Like 1

Goodness - poor Mr S had to remove two doors to allow access for the delivery men trying to get the new fridge/freezer in :o good news is it is now 'in' and I can switch it on in another 30 minutes - please all keep everything crossed that it works! :D

Phone call this afternoon from one of my lovely daughters-in-law asking if 'middle granddaughter' could stay over tonight - of course, no problem - just a big, big, sort out as her room was full of Christmas presents! :D

• Like 1