Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 19/07/2023 at 10:15, sunnyday said:

I thought long and hard about posting some happy news - my decision was reached in the sure and certain knowledge that Panders would not mind at all...

So here goes:

My beautiful eldest granddaughter graduates today with a First class degree!

We are so proud of her, especially as she was in the cohort who were unable to take A levels (Covid restrictions) and in her first uni year she never got onto campus - all studying was virtual.

She has secured a job with the Police - 10 weeks on the beat (arrgh) and then into CID - this has been a long held ambition.

As I said - we are all very proud of her!

Wonderful news and many congrats. My son is a serving officer and once said to me "Mum how many people do you know that get to live their dreams? I am living my dream every day when i go to work" I had my proud mum moment a few weeks ago when i heard he passed his Sergeants exams. Hope you granddaughter loves it just as much

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 20/07/2023 at 08:09, sunnyday said:

I have several photos of her dressed as a policewoman aged 3 - so guess it was written in the stars!

Please don't tell me this is an indicator...... I currenty have my 3 GD  sitting next to me covered in face tattos  😳🤣😂  (she did it herself from a party bag 😭)

• Haha 3

On 20/07/2023 at 11:39, louby loo said:

Please don't tell me this is an indicator...... I currenty have my 3 GD  sitting next to me covered in face tattos  😳🤣😂  (she did it herself from a party bag 😭)

Oh my - let's hope not!🤦‍♀️🤣

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 08:09, sunnyday said:

I have several photos of her dressed as a policewoman aged 3 - so guess it was written in the stars!

Thanks for your kind thoughts and congratulations x

Similar to my son! He wrote to a certain programme that used to fix things for children, He asked to be a policeman for the day and said he would put the bad people under arrest! He never got a reply so wrote to our local station addressing his later to 'the most important policeman'. They came up trumps and he had an incredible day at police headquarters ( got picked up from home with blue lights going!) They made him his own high vis jacket. That was way back in 1987. Fast forward to 2018 and he transferred from the Met back home to Suffolk. He went to get measured for his new uniform and there was a picture of him age 6 in his high vi jacket - quite incredible the lady measuring him was the same lady who made that jacket all those years ago!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 20/07/2023 at 21:26, Gezabel said:

Similar to my son! He wrote to a certain programme that used to fix things for children, He asked to be a policeman for the day and said he would put the bad people under arrest! He never got a reply so wrote to our local station addressing his later to 'the most important policeman'. They came up trumps and he had an incredible day at police headquarters ( got picked up from home with blue lights going!) They made him his own high vis jacket. That was way back in 1987. Fast forward to 2018 and he transferred from the Met back home to Suffolk. He went to get measured for his new uniform and there was a picture of him age 6 in his high vi jacket - quite incredible the lady measuring him was the same lady who made that jacket all those years ago!!

Oh that's just brilliant! ❤️

On 20/07/2023 at 21:26, Gezabel said:

What a fabulous story!   Just goes to show, doesn’t it, that a big of kindness really pays dividends!   Was she amazed that it was him, or did she recognise the name? 

• Like 2

Good morning - 'tis Friday

I wondered if it would be a nice idea for us all to 'raise a glass' to Panders at the same time this evening - or a cup if you don't drink - perhaps 7pm - what do you think?

I have 'Sprocker granddog' arriving soon - she will be with us for two weeks - the pleasure is all mine, she is a dear little thing ❤️

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Love 2

On 21/07/2023 at 10:11, sunnyday said:

Good morning - 'tis Friday

I wondered if it would be a nice idea for us all to 'raise a glass' to Panders at the same time this evening - or a cup if you don't drink - perhaps 7pm - what do you think?

I have 'Sprocker granddog' arriving soon - she will be with us for two weeks - the pleasure is all mine, she is a dear little thing ❤️

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

I love that idea. Xxx. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 21/07/2023 at 09:46, Cait said:

What a fabulous story!   Just goes to show, doesn’t it, that a big of kindness really pays dividends!   Was she amazed that it was him, or did she recognise the name? 

Apparently she looked at him and then looked again and said i am sure i know you. Then he saw his framed photo on the wall and just pointed and said "Yep! that's me and you made my jacket!'

• Like 3

On 21/07/2023 at 19:00, sunnyday said:

Here's to Panders - our very lovely forum friend - cheers x

Raising my Prosecco here. Thanks for being part of this community Panders. It won't be the same without you. Rest in Peace lovely lady❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 22/07/2023 at 07:51, sunnyday said:

Oh no, how are feeling today young Froglet?

All fine. Was on a trip all day yesterday. I think stress, heat and probably a little dehydration got to me. Headache/migraine started. I passed out about 6pm. Decent night’s sleep has sorted me. Just 2 days left to go.

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2

On 22/07/2023 at 09:12, Froglet said:

All fine. Was on a trip all day yesterday. I think stress, heat and probably a little dehydration got to me. Headache/migraine started. I passed out about 6pm. Decent night’s sleep has sorted me. Just 2 days left to go.

Phew!

Glad to hear it - 2 days eh - brilliant news - don't be overdoing things today - I prescribe some crochet and reading x

I have just taken sweet little granddog up to the field for a run - honestly I swear she must be part greyhound - she runs like the wind! I would have to walk about 25 miles to give her that much exercise...

Right - I must tackle the ironing - but I will have one eye on the England game!

• Like 1

I have been 'outwitted' by a Sprocker Spaniel (stop saying "not surprised really") 😂

Fairly late yesterday evening I could hear her eating/crunching away - sound was coming from the hall where her food bowl is - thought 'oh she is finishing her dinner, didn't know there was that much left' - about 20 minutes later she ran through with a pigs ear in her mouth! 😲

One of us had left the downstairs loo door ajar - she had nosed her way in and was helping herself to her 'treats' - did I say somewhere that she is an absolute sweetie? 🤦‍♀️😂

Oh well, no harm done and her 'treats bag' is now well out of reach!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/07/2023 at 15:52, zigzag said:

Typical spaniel!!

I was worried what all those treats would do to her tummy - but thankfully she seems to be fine - she snaffled about a third of a box of small dog biscuit bones and at least one pigs ear she may have had more 🤦‍♀️ totally my fault for leaving them in reach...

• Love 1
  • Haha 1