Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 08/06/2023 at 16:05, sunnyday said:

It is funny 🤣

I would have 'hated' it anyway - I don't like that sort of thing at all...

Just wish that didn't feel like I need to hide now!

So funny! You need to wear your balaclava to be incognito!   Well done on the award by the way. Xx

• Like 2

I understand how you feel Sunnyday - thank goodness there were others being honoured that evening, but really someone should have been honest and invited you along properly.   Well done though, on your community service,

• Like 1

On 08/06/2023 at 19:48, Panders said:

I understand how you feel Sunnyday - thank goodness there were others being honoured that evening, but really someone should have been honest and invited you along properly.   Well done though, on your community service,

Thank you - I honestly don't think that I have done anything special or particularly worthy 🤷‍♀️ and I really don't like a 'fuss'...

I can't understand why someone didn't tip off Mr S if it was that important - oh well, never mind, nothing I can change now

• Like 1

So here we are again 'tis Friday!

You haven't seen me - shhhh - still in hiding! 😂

So big day here - youngest granddaughter's birthday - off to celebrate with family later and Mr S has had his long awaited video call with surgeon...lung reduction surgery will be carried out in the next 4 - 6 weeks, or as he put it before end of July...

Hope that everyone is okay?

Weather is warming up nicely here 

Granddogs are behaving beautifully and bringing much joy - they are due to go home on Monday but will be back in a week or so for a two week stay - this dependant on whatever is happening with Mr S and hid op date - they can go to their 'maternal grandparents' if necessary!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 08/06/2023 at 15:31, sunnyday said:

Oh my actual goodness - I have well and truly blotted my copy book...

There was a village meeting yesterday evening - quite a big affair - I had received a special invitation to attend supposedly to talk about Knit and Natter - I had said "thanks, but no thanks, trying to keep the group quite small, don't want to make a noise about it" - then it was "please, come along anyway, you don't need to say anything" - then several friends had asked if I was going - I thought 'this is so strange, why is everyone so keen for me to go', especially as I have 'dropped out' of most village things that I was previously involved with...anyway, needless to say I didn't attend

It transpires that I was to be presented with some sort of 'Community Service' award - this to be given to me by no less than the Mayor of our nearest town 🤦‍♀️ - well, honestly, how was I meant to know 🙃 🤣 the friends that kept asking if I was going were obviously in the know...

Goodness - I feel that I need to hide - especially as I can't help but find it funny 🤣

I wasn't the only recipient so hopefully I will be forgiven and if not 🤷‍♀️

That is atually so funny, the sort of thing that happens in our village 🤣  One year two people got invited to switch on the Christmas lights - both invited by different members of the Parish council and no knew until the actual night!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/06/2023 at 11:35, sunnyday said:

So here we are again 'tis Friday!

You haven't seen me - shhhh - still in hiding! 😂

So big day here - youngest granddaughter's birthday - off to celebrate with family later and Mr S has had his long awaited video call with surgeon...lung reduction surgery will be carried out in the next 4 - 6 weeks, or as he put it before end of July...

Hope that everyone is okay?

Weather is warming up nicely here 

Granddogs are behaving beautifully and bringing much joy - they are due to go home on Monday but will be back in a week or so for a two week stay - this dependant on whatever is happening with Mr S and hid op date - they can go to their 'maternal grandparents' if necessary!

Hope that the weekend is kind to all x

We have a birthday this weekend too. (suprise party invoved)

Hope everything goes as planned for the Mr S's op - the not knowing actually dates etc is really unsettling 😬

Have a good weekend everyone xxx

• Like 2

Zebedee’s 6th chemo went well yesterday - he is gently glowing as normal for the next day.  I’ve made him a batch of his favourite carrot cake as buns, so he can enjoy them before his sense of taste goes.   Buns are easier as I can bung them in the freezer and just get out and frost what we need.  Obviously he would prefer a good slice of cake, but with all the steroids we are keeping an eye on the scales.  He will probably have 2 buns today, which will equate to a good slice of cake! 🤣🤣🤭. They are muffin sized.   We took some to the nurses yesterday - we always take them something when he goes, but no nuts in theirs of course.   No nuts allowed in hospital.    

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Sending him kind and healing thoughts Cait

Wow - it is amazingly hot here - why do I feel the need to wash everything in sight when we have great drying weather?

Sadly, some selfish ******* has lit a bonfire - I'm so cross - poor Mr S struggles to breathe in heat without bonfire smoke in the air - grrrrrrr - and, of course, I would rather my washing was smoke free...

Both dogs are fast asleep - it's all too much for them - can't imagine how hot it must be for a golden retriever in his beautiful fur coat...I really need to go and water in the polytunnel but he will want to follow me so need to leave that for now and keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay...I could just shut him indoors but then he would fret...might try 'sneaking out' but highly doubt he will not notice! 🤣

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 13:14, sunnyday said:

Sending him kind and healing thoughts Cait

Wow - it is amazingly hot here - why do I feel the need to wash everything in sight when we have great drying weather?

Sadly, some selfish ******* has lit a bonfire - I'm so cross - poor Mr S struggles to breathe in heat without bonfire smoke in the air - grrrrrrr - and, of course, I would rather my washing was smoke free...

Both dogs are fast asleep - it's all too much for them - can't imagine how hot it must be for a golden retriever in his beautiful fur coat...I really need to go and water in the polytunnel but he will want to follow me so need to leave that for now and keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay...I could just shut him indoors but then he would fret...might try 'sneaking out' but highly doubt he will not notice! 🤣

If you’ve got a fan, set up a cooling tent.  Open up a king size quilt cover and put a couple of chairs in to hold the hole open, put a fan at the hole end and it will open up like a hot air balloon and be deliciously cool inside, hopefully you can persuade the dog inside.  

• Like 2

On 10/06/2023 at 20:08, Cait said:

If you’ve got a fan, set up a cooling tent.  Open up a king size quilt cover and put a couple of chairs in to hold the hole open, put a fan at the hole end and it will open up like a hot air balloon and be deliciously cool inside, hopefully you can persuade the dog inside.  

Brilliant tip - except that he is such a 'wuss' he is frightened of the fan

When Mr S uses his nebuliser he barks at him 🤦‍♀️🤣

I did sneak out to water the plants in the polytunnel - looked back at the house and he was sitting at the french doors watching me - but Mr S said he wasn't fretting so that's okay...he associates the field (where polytunnel is) with running around like a loony - really much too hot for that 🤣

It's lovely here now - french doors are open and there is a nice cool breeze.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2023 at 20:37, sunnyday said:

It's lovely here now - french doors are open and there is a nice cool breeze.

After a foggy start here it then became unbearably hot and sticky now I’m sitting with a blanket over me as it’s cold!  Very confusing weather!

• Like 2

On 10/06/2023 at 21:04, zigzag said:

After a foggy start here it then became unbearably hot and sticky now I’m sitting with a blanket over me as it’s cold!  Very confusing weather!

Yes.  I’m not sure what to put on!  

• Like 2

On 10/06/2023 at 20:08, Cait said:

I am sooooo going to try that with the granddaughter tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My brother rang at lunchtime "have you got any water up there", I replied "yes, but I don't how long for"... just had an email from South East Water asking that we are only to use water for essentials...'ere we go again ☹️

• Sad 1

On 12/06/2023 at 15:30, sunnyday said:

My brother rang at lunchtime "have you got any water up there", I replied "yes, but I don't how long for"... just had an email from South East Water asking that we are only to use water for essentials...'ere we go again ☹️

Ugh.  Not again!  

We had a visitor in Pickering today!   I couldn’t go and meet him as we are still post chemo quarantining.  But I’ve been bombarded with pictures from friends who went along.  If you go to our website (pickeringchurch.com) you can see the pictures on the home page.   

IMG_6473.jpeg

• Love 2

On 12/06/2023 at 19:18, sunnyday said:

Oh Cait how fantastic (what a shame you couldn't be there) - I am off to check out the website!

Here’s a new one!  The small lady standing next to him is called Kate Giles and she has written a fascinating book about the wall paintings.  I’m really pleased she was able to be there to explain them all to him.  

IMG_6487.jpeg

• Like 2

We still have a hosepipe ban in place from last summer which was never lifted! South west water have been on the news tonight appealing to people to limit water use! They are seriously worried for the summer tourist months and how it will cope with the millions of visitors.  It’s been boiling here this week, I have finished work in a hormone and heatwave induced puddle each day. I know it’s awful but am desperately hoping for the rain to hit us at the weekend but it looks like we may just escape it.

• Like 2

On 15/06/2023 at 19:53, zigzag said:

We still have a hosepipe ban in place from last summer which was never lifted! South west water have been on the news tonight appealing to people to limit water use! They are seriously worried for the summer tourist months and how it will cope with the millions of visitors.  It’s been boiling here this week, I have finished work in a hormone and heatwave induced puddle each day. I know it’s awful but am desperately hoping for the rain to hit us at the weekend but it looks like we may just escape it.

I will hope for some rain for you zigzag - sorry to hear that you are having similar warnings from your water company...loads of homes in West Kent have been without water for days now - poor things, I feel their pain - I think that all of my fellow villagers are expecting our taps to run dry again any day now ☹️

Morning - 'tis Friday!

Still very warm here - think we might get some rain on Sunday - would be good for the garden and for my water butts...

We have a respiratory nurse making a home visit today for Mr S - he is struggling - I think that is down to the heat - but will see what she has to say - as long as she doesn't want him to go into hospital it will be fine 🤞 we haven't asked for a visit, he should have attended an appointment with her but wasn't well enough so she announced that she would come here...

Our weekend plans have been scuppered - were meant to be going to elder son's house for Father's Day but our two youngest grandchildren are both covered in some sort of unidentified rash/spots - Doctors x 2 best guess is that it may be connected to the chickenpox virus but not actually chickenpox 🤷‍♀️ whatever it is we can't risk Mr S being exposed to it - the children are not feeling itchy or unwell in any way so that's a blessing

Have a lovely weekend all x

Oh my!   I was wondering how he was faring with this heat, sorry to hear that he is struggling.   The rash sounds odd, I’ve not come across anything related to chicken pox that wasn’t chicken pox other than shingles!  Hopefully what we called a ‘heat rash’ back in the day.   Do you remember heat lumps?  I used to get them on my legs, they were incredibly itchy!  

We have also deferred Father’s Day to the following weekend when our son, DIL and granddaughter will hopefully be here.  

• Like 1

On 16/06/2023 at 08:48, Cait said:

Oh my!   I was wondering how he was faring with this heat, sorry to hear that he is struggling.   The rash sounds odd, I’ve not come across anything related to chicken pox that wasn’t chicken pox other than shingles!  Hopefully what we called a ‘heat rash’ back in the day.   Do you remember heat lumps?  I used to get them on my legs, they were incredibly itchy!  

We have also deferred Father’s Day to the following weekend when our son, DIL and granddaughter will hopefully be here.  

Nope - first diagnosis was prickly heat - then another doc + a nurse practitioner have had a look and decided chicken pox/not chickenpox - goodness knows - apparently there is another child in reception with same...just grateful that (so far) they are not unwell or itchy...

Just popping back to say - all went well with respiratory nurse - she was lovely and didn't try to send him to hospital - phew!

She does have a few ideas up her sleeve but needs to go back to her team for discussion and to access his records - so a case of wait and see...

• Like 1