Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 30/03/2023 at 08:54, Cait said:

I’ve always been sad that my brother and sister in law (who is my husband’s sister) didn’t have children, as the gene pool was so tight with ours that they’d surely have been more than cousins! (Brother and sister married brother and sister) 

I had to think about that for a few mins.  My sister-in-law was my best friend (well until things went wrong..and thn  well- my brother is my brother- so the best friend is no more, although we do still talk 🙂)

Friday again and the granddaughter has arrived for a sleep over.  She is very good with her new litter brother but you can see she is feeling a little 'put out' and is a bit more clingy and climbing all over me 😭 ... and she has just aksed if grandma and grandpa will take her back to Peppa Pig World and that 'mummy and baby can stay at home!' 🤣

Have a good weekend everyone, and yes it is the end of term (well for us anyway) xx

• Like 4

It is absolutely the end of term - am SO ready for it! Am away for 4 days next week with family so need to do a little prepping for that. Mainly I want to spend this weekend tidying and cleaning which doesn’t sound exciting but my house is in such a state. I have never managed to find a balance between staying on top of schoolwork, housework and relaxing a little and by the end of term all of it is in something of a state! I need some good underlying systems and routines I think, I just don’t know what!

I’m also frantically knitting the second of the TARDIS socks ready for next week and I have an idea for a spring window display I want to get going on!

By the way, the time has come to update my school library seasonal display so if anyone has any suggestions for spring related stories I’d love to hear them - I’m thinking of ones along the themes of growing, young animals etc.

• Like 2

We are having a little Easter Egg hunt in the garden tomorrow for our two youngest grandchildren - we have to do this 'early' as they are away for Easter...I wasn't sure if my granddaughter aged 7 still bought into the Easter bunny - so I said a couple of weeks ago "I wonder if the Easter Bunny will be leaving any eggs here for you" her answer was "he usually writes to us, but we haven't heard from him yet"

Quick letter writing from nana a.k.a. the Easter Bunny! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 01/04/2023 at 07:50, Froglet said:

By the way, the time has come to update my school library seasonal display so if anyone has any suggestions for spring related stories I’d love to hear them - I’m thinking of ones along the themes of growing, young animals etc.

Ooh. We had one about a young rabbit whose mum was having a fresh batch.  I’ll try and think what it was called.   

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spring-Rabbit-Joyce-Dunbar/dp/1783440783/ref=sr_1_3?crid=4U3FJE0QUA0S&keywords=Spring+rabbit&qid=1680358735&s=books&sprefix=spring+rabbit%2Cstripbooks%2C68&sr=1-3

the spring rabbit!  

actually typing ‘spring books’ into Amazon yielded quite a lot.  Including a hungry caterpillar one which isn’t the original! 

Edited by Cait
  • Like 1

On 01/04/2023 at 16:15, Froglet said:

Thanks Cait! I hadn’t yet got as far as the Amazon rabbit hole!

It’s a nice one, as it’s all about waiting for spring.  

• Like 1

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone getting on?

The Easter Egg hunt last weekend was a great success - lots of fun had by all

We are dog-sitting - have elder son's Sprocker with us for a week - she is an absolute sweetie - the pleasure is all ours

I have to make a decision about the 'horrible knee' - it is so much much better <touch wood> it aches constantly but swelling has nearly gone and that awful pain is, I hope, a thing of the past...my dilemma is - the appointment for a steroid injection has finally come through - do I go ahead or do I cancel? Mr S thinks I should go ahead...really, I need to make my mind up by Tuesday as I would like the surgery to have time to offer the appointment to someone else on the waiting list.

Zigzag - any news on your progress in the 'horrible knee' department?

Hope to catch up with younger son and family tomorrow.

Happy Easter all x

I think I would go ahead with the injection Sunnyday - it might just be the final boost the horrible knee needs.

I have, today, got back from 4 days with family in the Peak District. It was so beautiful and a good chance to reset a little. I have a renewed vigour for trying to sort out my home and have, this afternoon, properly cleaned out the fridge! It now has that satisfying feeling of knowing it’s clean - I keep opening the door to check on it! I made som hot cross buns which haven’t risen very well but I’m sure will taste fine. Next on the list is getting to the bottom of the ironing pile. I did a bit of thinking while away about how to stay on top of things and not end up with a house that looks like some nasty explosion has happened every school holiday.

I think I’m going to need lots of encouragement! Apart from that I’m crocheting some daffodils for a window display (I did finish the TARDIS socks just in time!).

Hope all are well. Happy Easter!

• Like 1

Happy Easter all. I had to do changeovers yesterday, there are certainly a lot of people in Cornwall for Easter! My kitchen currently looks like a laundry with the bedding and towels from the cottage that sleeps six. Thank goodness it’s going to be good drying weather for the weekend!

Sunnyday, I would go ahead with the injection, they are meant to be very effective and might make a huge difference to you and allow you to get back to normal completely. My knee is still painful, sometimes it’s worse than others but have to get on with it because goodness knows how long before I get an appointment with the hospital.

We have just had my Niece visit from Kent, she is mentally and physically disabled and lives in a residential home as sadly her parents are no longer with us.  Such a joy to have her down and to celebrate her 34th birthday it was lovely. 

Have a lovely weekend all. I’m off to battle the east wind and get some washing on the line! Xx

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed your visit from your niece Zigzag.

I have cleared the ironing pile and made some naan bread to have with the aubergine curry I’m making for tea later. Am gradually cleaning the living room. Does anyone remember Nancy off Bake Off a few years ago? She was the one who called Paul the ‘male judge’. Well, she has a couple of green cleaning/living books out which I’ve just bought so am having fun making and using various green cleaning potions.

• Like 2

On 07/04/2023 at 19:15, Froglet said:

I think I would go ahead with the injection Sunnyday - it might just be the final boost the horrible knee needs.

I have, today, got back from 4 days with family in the Peak District. It was so beautiful and a good chance to reset a little. I have a renewed vigour for trying to sort out my home and have, this afternoon, properly cleaned out the fridge! It now has that satisfying feeling of knowing it’s clean - I keep opening the door to check on it! I made som hot cross buns which haven’t risen very well but I’m sure will taste fine. Next on the list is getting to the bottom of the ironing pile. I did a bit of thinking while away about how to stay on top of things and not end up with a house that looks like some nasty explosion has happened every school holiday.

I think I’m going to need lots of encouragement! Apart from that I’m crocheting some daffodils for a window display (I did finish the TARDIS socks just in time!).

Hope all are well. Happy Easter!

Oh a Peak district holiday sounds lovely - so pleased that you had a good time with your family.

A clean fridge is a lovely thing - 'bout time I did the same!

Sainsbury do a delicious hot cross bun 🙃🤣

Would you employ a cleaner? This coming from the woman that would find that far too intrusive...

On 07/04/2023 at 19:49, louby loo said:

I forgot it's Friday 😳

Anyway, Sunnyday I would go with the injection.

Froglet, I can give no advice my house currently looks like a jumble sale donation point!

Happy Easter everyone 🐣  xx

Oh louby 'a jumble sale donation point' really made me laugh 🤣

On 08/04/2023 at 08:20, zigzag said:

Happy Easter all. I had to do changeovers yesterday, there are certainly a lot of people in Cornwall for Easter! My kitchen currently looks like a laundry with the bedding and towels from the cottage that sleeps six. Thank goodness it’s going to be good drying weather for the weekend!

Sunnyday, I would go ahead with the injection, they are meant to be very effective and might make a huge difference to you and allow you to get back to normal completely. My knee is still painful, sometimes it’s worse than others but have to get on with it because goodness knows how long before I get an appointment with the hospital.

We have just had my Niece visit from Kent, she is mentally and physically disabled and lives in a residential home as sadly her parents are no longer with us.  Such a joy to have her down and to celebrate her 34th birthday it was lovely. 

Have a lovely weekend all. I’m off to battle the east wind and get some washing on the line! Xx

Make the most of that good drying weather zigzag - the forecast for your neck of the woods does not look great at all...

So sorry to hear that your 'horrible knee' is no nearer getting sorted.

So pleased to hear that you enjoyed the visit from your niece - that all sounds lovely

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 12:59, Froglet said:

Glad you enjoyed your visit from your niece Zigzag.

I have cleared the ironing pile and made some naan bread to have with the aubergine curry I’m making for tea later. Am gradually cleaning the living room. Does anyone remember Nancy off Bake Off a few years ago? She was the one who called Paul the ‘male judge’. Well, she has a couple of green cleaning/living books out which I’ve just bought so am having fun making and using various green cleaning potions.

I do remember Nancy - good luck with the green cleaning!

We spent a lovely couple of hours with our youngest son, his wife and our two granddaughters (21 and 16) - their house is beautiful and always looks like a 'show home' so I was quite surprised to see that the table was covered in Lego - son has bought an enormous 'Ghostbuster car set/kit' and they are all working on it together - what a brilliant idea! I was not at all tempted to have a go - useless at that sort of thing -can't do jigsaws either 🤷‍♀️

Oldest granddaughter is due to finish Uni in May - where did that 3 years go - she has already secured a job in her chosen field - very proud of her

Our dog sitting continues to go very well - I am so tempted to get my own dog - but I will resist - I always get asked to have all the family doggos when their 'parents' are on holiday - so lots of fun without the expense!

We were talking about my last dog, she was the most beautiful and very clever Border Collie - I said to the girls "I so wish that you had known her, you would have loved her so much and she worshipped the ground your dad walked on" (she really did!) Son's reply was "well most women do" 🤣

Edited by sunnyday
To say thank you for the encouragement for the injection think I will go ahead
  • Haha 5

Well goodness gracious me what a horrid day. Lovely driving to work and I thought they had got the forecast wrong, less than an hour later the clouds opened and it hasn’t stopped since! I have had one of those days where I have got drenched several times over and lost my sense of humour after the wet and wild dog walk!  At least all the visitors that are here had a few good days over Easter,  now they are seeing the real Cornish weather!  
Stay safe all in the storm.

On 11/04/2023 at 17:13, zigzag said:

Well goodness gracious me what a horrid day. Lovely driving to work and I thought they had got the forecast wrong, less than an hour later the clouds opened and it hasn’t stopped since! I have had one of those days where I have got drenched several times over and lost my sense of humour after the wet and wild dog walk!  At least all the visitors that are here had a few good days over Easter,  now they are seeing the real Cornish weather!  
Stay safe all in the storm.

Sounds horrible!

We started with a lovely sunny morning and I was delighted to be able to peg my washing out - it was out for all of an hour when the flippin' rain started again.

Holiday dog has gone home - feels odd without her - never mind, it won't be long before she's back😂

• Like 2

My sons girlfriend has been at university for the last three years training to be a dental therapist. She finally finishes in May and will be moving in with him.  So happy for them, it’s been a tough three years having a long distance relationship and the great news is that she is so impressive that she has a job offer already.  It’s very exciting to think that the next chapter of their lives are about to start. They are also getting a gorgeous sprocker puppy which I am sure I am going to be dog Granny to on a frequent basis. Just hope my Cleo accepts it! Here is the puppy they have chosen.

C34D382C-EACB-4887-9E0E-DBFF20D4EA9B.jpeg

• Like 5

Good morning all - 'tis Friday!

Had the horrible knee injected yesterday afternoon - all went well and the doctor is confident that it will make a huge difference in 3 - 5 days - currently it is more painful than ever but I imagine that is to be expected...he said "this is a damned painful injury" which made me feel validated - I know that I am not a 'wuss' but good to hear someone acknowledge that!

I have a very busy weekend coming up - volunteering at a village charity event - I have been given a sit down job (taking the money) so actually really looking forward to it.

Hope that everyone is okay?

Have a lovely weekend x

• Like 1

Good morning!  I’m pleased to hear it went okay, validation is extremely important, especially from a professional!   Good!

I’ve got a busy weekend too, we are holding our Eastertide lunch on Sunday so catering for 50plus.  It’s a free event with donations welcome.  I’m making all the gluten free stuff to replicate what’s being provided for the ‘muggles’ as well as sticky sausages for everyone.   I was meant to be making the cheese scones for everyone too, but someone else has volunteered!  So just making some GF ones now, a Victoria, chocolate cake traybake, quiche, etc.  I admit to having bought a pork pie and the bread as otherwise it all gets a bit overwhelming!   

• Like 2

On 14/04/2023 at 08:40, Cait said:

Good morning!  I’m pleased to hear it went okay, validation is extremely important, especially from a professional!   Good!

I’ve got a busy weekend too, we are holding our Eastertide lunch on Sunday so catering for 50plus.  It’s a free event with donations welcome.  I’m making all the gluten free stuff to replicate what’s being provided for the ‘muggles’ as well as sticky sausages for everyone.   I was meant to be making the cheese scones for everyone too, but someone else has volunteered!  So just making some GF ones now, a Victoria, chocolate cake traybake, quiche, etc.  I admit to having bought a pork pie and the bread as otherwise it all gets a bit overwhelming!   

Sheesh Cait - I'm worn out just reading that - you will be busy, busy, busy - whereas I just have to 'show up' for my volunteering! 😂

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 08:40, Cait said:

That is a busy weekend!   I'm sitting wondering whether I can make the effort to do an inpromtu lunch for 2.5  today! 😱  (and even that's just for daughter and GD 🤣, infairness I've seen them most days this week hence indecision)

On 14/04/2023 at 08:31, sunnyday said:

Had the horrible knee injected yesterday afternoon - all went well and the doctor is confident that it will make a huge difference in 3 - 5 days - currently it is more painful than ever but I imagine that is to be expected...he said "this is a damned painful injury" which made me feel validated - I know that I am not a 'wuss' but good to hear someone acknowledge that!

I have a very busy weekend coming up - volunteering at a village charity event - I have been given a sit down job (taking the money) so actually really looking forward to it.

Have a lovely weekend x

On 14/04/2023 at 08:31, sunnyday said:

Have a lovely weekend x

Try again 🤣

Sunnyday, when i had a steriod injection a few years ago the physio said 'trust me, you may wake up at 3am in so much pain you will want to seek me out for revenge... however in about 5 or so days you may want to give me a thank-you hug"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1