Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 15/03/2023 at 21:05, Panders said:

always Jam tomorrow isn't it.    Yes zigzag wouldn't be happy to mess with ratios, that way lies madness.

Well...they won't be in power by the time the universal offer is due to start in September 2025 (well if they are I will eat my hat)

• Like 1

On 15/03/2023 at 18:58, zigzag said:

Bit late catching up this week! Louby, congratulations hope all are doing well and your Granddaughter is coming around to the idea of a baby brother now!  Froglet, not being able to sleep is awful. I’ve had a spell of that recently and it’s really horrible. I’ve been trying snooze gummies from STARPOWA and they have really helped me, I am now mostly back in a normal sleep routine. (They are also natural.)

I’m famous in the family for insomnia. I can lie awake till 5am absolutely not sleepy at all!  If I sleep well one night, then I don’t for two or three following.  Too many tabs open!   
anyway, I tried this feather and down cream at night.  You rub it into the soles of your feet - quite a blob on your finger - for two minutes each foot.  I put bed socks on then to keep the sheets clean.  It smells lovely!   It adds magnesium which helps you sleep, and also helps my husband’s restless legs!   It’s not expensive, I got mine on Amazon. 

My sister gave some to a friend whose autistic daughter has problem sleeping and it worked for her too! 

DAA43F03-CE98-49DE-B64F-6A4BDA13FFBC.jpeg

Edited by Cait
Better pic
  • Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 08:29, Cait said:

I’m famous in the family for insomnia. I can lie awake till 5am absolutely not sleepy at all!  If I sleep well one night, then I don’t for two or three following.  Too many tabs open!   
anyway, I tried this feather and down cream at night.  You rub it into the soles of your feet - quite a blob on your finger - for two minutes each foot.  I put bed socks on then to keep the sheets clean.  It smells lovely!   It adds magnesium which helps you sleep, and also helps my husband’s restless legs!   It’s not expensive, I got mine on Amazon. 

My sister gave some to a friend whose autistic daughter has problem sleeping and it worked for her too! 

Thanks for that recommendation!  I'm with the 'insomnia crew' too. Like you, one good night = 2/3 bad nights 🙁

On 16/03/2023 at 08:29, Cait said:

DAA43F03-CE98-49DE-B64F-6A4BDA13FFBC.jpeg

I have ordered some to try - I am so easily led 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

On 16/03/2023 at 11:32, SueFinanceManager said:

Go and listen to what Neil Leitch CEO of the EY Alliance thinks about the new funding.....see here:

Thank you Sue

This was a 'hot' topic at my knitting group this morning - it's just a little frustrating (understatement of the year) that despite Mr Leitch and so many providers explaining over and over in the last couple of days, via various news outlets - that it is all just taken at face value and assumed to be a wonderful thing...

Cait thank you for the recommendation I will give it a go!  I am about to embark on HRT (reluctantly) and hope this may help the insomnia as well.

Did anyone see Jeremy hunt on the BBC morning news? What a frustrating man he is, absolutely no clue what the sector is currently going through with funding gaps, closures and lack of recruitment. He showed a total disregard for it all and just kept spouting about the “free” entitlement and how much parents would save.  Makes me so mad and I am so glad I personally haven’t got to worry about it anymore but just feel so bad for those that do.

• Like 3

On 16/03/2023 at 14:50, zigzag said:

Cait thank you for the recommendation I will give it a go!  I am about to embark on HRT (reluctantly) and hope this may help the insomnia as well.

Did anyone see Jeremy hunt on the BBC morning news? What a frustrating man he is, absolutely no clue what the sector is currently going through with funding gaps, closures and lack of recruitment. He showed a total disregard for it all and just kept spouting about the “free” entitlement and how much parents would save.  Makes me so mad and I am so glad I personally haven’t got to worry about it anymore but just feel so bad for those that do.

Didn't see him this morning, but did see him on Peston, it seems that lots of new nurseries will be opening, so there we are, nothing to worry about 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1

On 16/03/2023 at 13:53, sunnyday said:

I have ordered some to try - I am so easily led 🤦‍♀️

I hope it works for you too!   Really worth spending time massaging it in - or ask Mr S to do it for you! 🤭

On 16/03/2023 at 20:38, Cait said:

I hope it works for you too!   Really worth spending time massaging it in - or ask Mr S to do it for you! 🤭

😂 it's for him not me and no I am not massaging it in for him 🤦‍♀️🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Birthday Panders! 🐼 🎂🥂🎈🎈🎈🎉

How are the knees Sunnyday and Zigzag?  

Anyone else just got the sleeping foot butter? (my name for it) Mine just arrived- and smells lovely.

Froglet, I hope you manage to get a restful week-end without to much 'work' work going on.

Have a good week-end every one.  x

• Like 2

Yep my sleeping foot butter arrived today, will be trying it tonight. Let’s compare notes (if we wake up) tomorrow.

The knee is the same, just gritting my teeth and getting on. My worse thing at the moment is the agony of peri menopause bone and muscle ache, I swear I feel like a 100 year old some days with demobs rampaging through my body. Hopefully the patches will help.

• Sad 1

Well I used it last night but I did also take some codeine which makes me sleep so not a fair test! Will try just the butter tonight. Was having a giggle when rubbing it in that when I got up in the night I might go skidding and slipping across the floor! How did everyone get on with it?

• Like 1

On 18/03/2023 at 14:14, zigzag said:

Well I used it last night but I did also take some codeine which makes me sleep so not a fair test! Will try just the butter tonight. Was having a giggle when rubbing it in that when I got up in the night I might go skidding and slipping across the floor! How did everyone get on with it?

Well I slept well, but I have had a few bad nights. It did feel very nice on my feet- and my arms/legs! 😁

• Like 2

On 18/03/2023 at 14:43, louby loo said:

Well I slept well, but I have had a few bad nights. It did feel very nice on my feet- and my arms/legs! 😁

Well...Mr S turned his nose up at the sleeping foot butter (so ungrateful😂) so I used it - not a bad night at all and it smells gorgeous which is a bonus!

• Like 2

I slip on a pair of old bed socks to keep my feet cosy and help it soak in.  Careful in the shower the next morning though, your feet will be slippery!  I stand on an old towel just in case! 

• Like 1

Just back from a lovely lunch with eldest son, DIL, DIL's mum and the two littlest grandchildren - these two little ones call me 'nana' and DIL's mum 'nanny' - we were told of a conversation that took place in car yesterday when the children were being driven back from their swimming lessons - granddaughter L aged 7 asking questions of her mummy...

L. 'Why don't nana and nanny ever come swimming with us'?

DIL: 'they don't like swimming very much and they are not very good at it'

L: 'couldn't we buy them some elderly armbands'?

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 6

Tried for the first time last night. `although i can't say i am a big girl sleeping through the night yet i did sleep much better and didn't wake anything like as often as i normally do. One thing intrigues me, the instructions say about massaging in the skin but doesn't mention feet so I am curious about that????

On 20/03/2023 at 19:55, Gezabel said:

Tried for the first time last night. `although i can't say i am a big girl sleeping through the night yet i did sleep much better and didn't wake anything like as often as i normally do. One thing intrigues me, the instructions say about massaging in the skin but doesn't mention feet so I am curious about that????

I wondered about that as well. Glad it worked for you. Xx